🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Don’t read if you dislike questions about funny stories:

are we sure London Johnson is playing for the Ignite this year? Seems they’ve more or less announced their roster and they have a preseason game in a few days (scoot v Wembanyama) and there’s no word on LJ. Did LJ “funny story” Shareef? Or did Shareef “funny story” LJ? Also Shareef (abdur rahim) signed Shareef (O Neal)

4 Likes

Saw on instagram LJ volunteereed with NBA jr and they referred him as 2023. He technically graduated HS so idk his deal.

4 Likes

Interesting, thanks

Looks like he’s going back to Norcross.

Georgia is getting Jizzle most likely. Will be interesting to see where he ends up? Maybe 0.5% both parties (Johnson and UVA) did some soul searching after the initial split up and decide to get back together??? Moreso we can get that funny story.

5 Likes

That would make it a very funny story.

7 Likes

I just looked at his past couple of IG videos. For a guy that seems to be putting all his marbles in a pro career, it doesn’t look like his frame will support putting on the muscle needed.

That plus some of the cringey self-promotion makes me think we may have dodged a Jabri situation.

3 Likes

He looks like a multiple-year college player to me, which is one of the reasons I was initially excited!

3 Likes

Nah nothing on his IG is different from any recruit. Workout and highlight videos isn’t any different from any other self promotion. Dunn has videos like that.

A lot of those videos are made by other people and tagged with LJ, not posted by LJ himself.

1 Like

It’s more of ashame because I dont think he’s a one and done incredible stud but at the same time he is still very good and probably the perfect fit for what we were looking for at the point guard spot.

Keep that 0.5% chance alive LOL

Also noticed Ty Davis likes a few of London Johnson’s recent posts. So do Mike Scott and Isaiah Wilkins but Im assuming thats moreso because of the Atlanta connections.

3 Likes

Ok, my % just went up a few tenths! (0.7)

1 Like

Lol. Tony most likely isn’t going to re-engage. Maybe he has a spiritual epiphany about 2nd chances, how people change and grow, and how he really needs a ballhandler in the 2023 and the fact that we are reaching out to kids we didn’t recruit over the summer means we are desperate LOL.

6 Likes

If this gif doesn’t work for Tony, nothing will:

That gif isn’t giffing, but you get the idea

4 Likes

Funny story…

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1576965397743550465?t=3xEQ7g0EyptEeRqvPDaxUQ&s=19

8 Likes

Right on cue.

Story is attributed to Shams and Sam V. I assume this is the Sam V part:
“He is a 6-foot-4 lead guard with great length and a developing, skinny frame that the Ignite program will look to develop over the next two years. Johnson is a strong three-level scorer who plays with good balance and has a high basketball IQ. He has the dribble-pass-shoot attributes that NBA teams look for from a skill perspective, and particularly excels out of ball-screen situations.”

I don’t know. It IS a funny story in a way. “G-League Ignite business model is currently a bit caught in the middle so it throws more than a million at a guy who doesn’t seem like a sure fire OAD if he had the gone college route.” There is a certain amount of humor to it…

7 Likes

Imaging paying more to london johnson than Jalen Green. Wild. He isn’t even a surefire prospect to make the NBA. Still would have been a really good college player.

2 Likes

My question is with those “contracts” is it really 1 million guaranteed? LOTS has changed since all this has happened

4 Likes

I’d throw in: what kind of support/amenities come with being on one of these teams? do you get big time strength and conditioning? nutrition? athletic training? healthcare? 401k match?

5 Likes

Does it come with a lawyer to represent you if the league doesn’t pay your contract.

5 Likes

LJ said NBA talent and training so there

1 Like
1 Like