🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

I think all of us at LRA should try to be like my daughter. Pack student of the month for her class

This is good stuff

19 Likes

Way to go, Kamilah! (and Dad)

8 Likes

That’s awesome.

3 Likes

Nicely!!!

3 Likes

Older fan here Back to the Parkhill era. Philadelphia Big Five background. In that era, Steve Honzo and Jim Herjak were considered great refs. I believe each worked several final fours.

Reffing in the Palestra must have been a challenge. Size of Cameron, but a crowd like ACC Semi Final. - evenly divided. Penn fans in the days of Craig Littlepage (the player) were wild and much like Dukies had 1500 Sat scores and let it all out on Saturday night.

That was still the era of the 2 man crew and refs had to hustle from baseline to baseline. I really do not recall any out of shape refs.

2 Likes

Same era here Tulsa. Remember Lenny Wirtz? Reffed a lot of games at UHall.

2 Likes

Penn St and Purdue just played in the Palestra. They should figure out a tourney game there

1 Like

Actually saw Lennie eat dinner at the Food Court in the Mall at Cary - I realized that being a ref on the road was not as glamorous as it appeared.

2 Likes

Yes. A good idea, but parking is extremely limited. Still, very close to PRR 30th Street Station so trains from DC, NYC could bring fans for first round games.

Would be a great site for overflow from Dayton if the first round is expanded.

1 Like

Thats great Fresh. Your doing a great job. Very impressed with your kids

2 Likes

Thanks man. Just wanted to share the message is all. I have 3 boys and 1 girl and she loves her daddy

4 Likes

I know that’s all you wanted to do but I’ve seen several pics of you and your kids. All good looking, healthy and well adjusted. Will you adopt me?

2 Likes

Of course!

2 Likes

Here’s an example of the NBA last 2 minute officiating report … 7 missed calls/no calls in last 2 minutes and OT. There are video clips for every play which is cool…
CC = Correct call
CNC = Correct No Call
IC = Incorrect Call
INC = Incorrect No Call

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022200630

Glad she didn’t pick up your potty mouth or the final line appended would be…

“Kamilah sometimes drops the random f-bomb however and we ring a bell… she then has to put whatever she brought for her lunch dessert into the swear jar.”

Hahahahahaha!

6 Likes

Dude, that’s awesome!

1 Like

Dunn and Bond and Gertrude …

2 Likes

Just had a random thought and wasn’t sure where to put it. One of my favorite non conference wins of the TB era was our game against West Virginia in 2016. I’ll never forget that 12 point come back when it looked like we were going to get our doors blown off.

The play that stuck out in my memory was when London got stripped by Javon Carter who then tried to do a behind the back pass. London read it perfectly and knocked the ball away, and then immediately hit a 3 on the other end. A 5 point swing to take our first lead of the game.

What stuck out was that Huggie Bear immediately benched Carter (their best player) for the rest of the game (this was with 12+ minutes left in a one score game) and had him in a warm up shirt sitting next to him the rest of the way. I am just cracking up at that move because it pissed Huggins off so much he was basically willing to forfeit to prove a point.

So random but went back and pulled that up in the Hoo TV archives and had a great laugh. Was at that game too - such a blast seeing us make a 20 point swing. Hoos were LOUD that night

6 Likes

Hoo does this play remind you of?

1 Like

Don’t know if this is the thread for it…. But is J Willy trying to hurt us, or do we think this is legit?

16 Likes