🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Would’ve been mine too but ESPN didn’t air it :tired_face:

4 Likes

Cathartic this morning listening to my kids practicing for this weekend’s North Carolina Fine Arts Competition 
 piano and drums filling the house with music lightens my spirit 

2 Likes

It is hilarious!!!

Greatest single game individual performance in a Madness game?
Bill Bradley?

Listen to this time stamped minute long dialogue on pace from Tim Legler. This has been the point I have been making about the Hoos
 it’s about getting into your offense quickly and with purpose.

Good stuff from Spins on the ever changing landscape for guys looking at a 2nd round grade, focusing on an old friend:

7 Likes

Shot quality really needs to take a second look at their algorithm:
https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/1639363768844173313?s=20

2 Likes

Lol. Arkansas took like nine million midrange shots, while everything for UConn was at the rim or from 3. This sounds like a model error.

2 Likes

Apologies in advance, and not that this matters much but it comes up so often. (And it’s not directed at anyone in particular, it’s pretty universal as a point of confusion):

When two players complement each other, they go well together, one’s game completing the other’s and vice versa.

When two players compliment each other, they’re saying nice things to each other. “You’re great.” “No you’re great.” Perhaps they even do one of these:

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

8 Likes

nerds GIF

10 Likes

I deserve that. :joy:

2 Likes

It needed to be said.

1 Like

Who’s on the “best hair” team in Tony Bennett’s tenure? My picks:

1. Jayden (before the midseason cut)
  2. Jayden (after the midseason cut)
  3. London (tallest possible version)
  4. Mamadi (dye job)
  5. Vander Plas

Honorable Mention: Jack Salt, Tony Bennett

1 Like

Senior year Gill! Blonde Mamadi might be my favorite because it led to this observation:

https://twitter.com/lebrownlow/status/1099380646697463808

16 Likes

Thank you for leaving off the man bun sir

4 Likes

The man bun was fun but not good. Same with Kihei’s “mop” phase. Unlike Blonde Mamadi which was both fun and good (imo)

3 Likes

Ha. Well put

15 Likes

“Highly placed spies in Charlottesville have gotten a rough mock-up of one of the new UVa uniforms for 23-24
”

12 Likes

[Quoting here because I’m taking this to a new thread. Sorry - though still not sure what annoys you about the quote feature. Seems like a useful way to narrow the issues
]

Now I really don’t follow. What information am I omitting? My last response specifically requested information that I may have missed? I looked at his highlight video. I even watched an AAU video (which seemed not terribly useful since I have no context for it – I don’t even know the circuit). I’ve looked at his stats, such as they are. I’m aware of who’s recruiting him. I’m vaguely aware of the scout, I guess, but to be honest not really. That’s why I specifically asked if there is some TT-based scout or even collected fan opinions that I’m unaware of?

I guess I am specifically pointing to the rankings as a way to say that comparisons to Harris or Key may not be so direct (and, to be fair, I’m also pointing to what they did their freshman years).

I mean – let me throw it back: what info are you looking at that makes him NOT a question mark? A comparison to Mark Vital? Based on what? Body type, athleticism and conference affiliation?