Outside UVa Basketball Thread

I’m gonna puke if this Tech team wins the ACC

Dickinson being 20 sure makes the ‘freshman phenom’ thing way less impressive. Dude is basically a junior. Unless Dakich was incorrect about his age.

2 Likes

They’re pretty good and have a chance. The ACC is awful this year. Still don’t think they finish ahead of us though

2 Likes

He refused to take covid tests

2 Likes

Hmmmm I think we’ll end up having something to say about that

Michigan just boat racing Wisconsin right now. Wow!

3 Likes

BC up 23 on Miami midway through the 2nd half without Ashton-Langford and Tabbs. Not that surprised that they’re winning but the margin is surprising.

2 Likes

This Duke team sucks lmao

2 Likes

Agreed Duke is garbage by their standards

1 Like

FSU sealed the deal on Mills

UNC just got 7 cracks at a possession vs Cuse. Both highlights their strength on the boards and lack of shooting. 7 tries and no points…

7 Likes

Which standards are those? I believe they have lost the last four out of five in the barn.

Everybody’s playing by different rules with covid protocols. 2 player positives, no shutdown. .

4 Likes

That’s what I have been pointing out since the beginning (even during football season) UVA has been the MOST conservative/strict. I think that drove the transfer of Jowon Briggs midseason and I think it will drive a couple of transfers (I shudder in saying this but I think Justin McKoy) from this team. The strictness is extremely taxing mentally on these guys and they see other programs that aren’t as strict and can possibly give them better opportunities.

4 Likes

I am perfectly fine with strict protocol with this. Our football teams handling is something that should be lauded

4 Likes

Isn’t the reason the Big Ten can hold out individuals instead of shutting the whole team down because they test everyday? While the ACC only tests three times a week? Believe the daily testing makes it so the Big Ten doesn’t have to go through the same contact tracing for every positive.

It’s so muddled. I was reading the Clemson sight last night in anticipation of our game Sat. Said they returned to practice yesterday after ‘several days of negative test’. Clearly implied they were testing everyday?

Yea ACC teams test everyday to test out of a pause. But the ACC only tests three times a week when they aren’t paused. Or at least that was the protocol when we went on our long shut down.

I agree. Any program that is viewing testing protocols as a place to get a competitive advantage as opposed to a way to safeguard the health of their players is thinking really short-sighted.

5 Likes