Outside UVa Basketball Thread

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

MSU is still having their games postponed, fwiw. 2 of them now.

1 Like

Puts next week’s game in doubt. Supposed to play NC State on Wed

2 Likes

Grrrr. Wake and VT both have games that night so no make up w either of those.

1 Like

Maybe we play GT? That’s what they did with UNC and Syracuse when both of their Clemson games were postponed.

Maybe shift a game forward if another team has an open date

Tough couple games for Ron Sanchez. They’re coming off a loss to D2 Belmont Abbey.

am I reading that score right?

1 Like

Yep. Scored 11 in the 1st half. Lost 61-37. Hopefully just a brief low point for Ron like some in TB’s early years.

2 Likes

Ouch

Charlotte just beat that same UAB team 70-55. Hell of a one day turnaround for Ron’s bunch.

6 Likes

Will Clemson get to 11 in the first half? :thinking: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eh, sadly yes

1 Like

Louisville down 12 to Miami at the half. Only other unbeaten in the league.

2 Likes

Kentucky fan base not approving of this response basically saying the egos of the 5 star busts is more important than winning games…

But then they get pissed when they don’t get the best recruits in the off-season. They’re impossible

1 Like

I think even that mentality is changing. Their board is now “We need 4 year players/in prioritizing 5 stars we are losing in state talent that produces at other power 5 schools” 24/7. I think the old heads there were always hesitant about the one and done culture. And their board lit up at the prospect of 3-4 year players like McKneely and the Podziemski.

2 Likes

Looking at schedules and current performance, starting to feel like FSU might be the favorite for the ACC regular season title. I hope we’ll nip them and snag it ourselves, but they are a talented squad. Will be interesting.

6 Likes

I’m surprised they aren’t ranked.

It will be interesting to see if FSU can continue to shoot the ball the way they have the last three games. They’ve been on fire.

But I’ve watched them a few times this year and they aren’t nearly as good defensively as they been in years past. Most notably, they’ve been surprisingly susceptible to getting beat off the dribble and that has resulted in a lot of straight line drives for layups and kick outs for wide open 3s.

I think if teams can avoid the temptation to run up and down with them (which is what they want) and take care of the ball that they can get really good looks. Of course, all of that’s easier said than done, but I do think we match up with them well this year.

3 Likes