Outside UVa Basketball Thread

He knows Keels and future recruits we both are going to offer are watching. Doesn’t want to give Tony that exposure. Too bad we are getting that exposure regardless when we open that can of ass-whooping on them on FS1. “FS1. Honestly what do we broadcast outside Big East basketball?”.

3 Likes

That video was from the UVA-Nova game during the 2015-16 season.

The one I just referenced? If so, I didn’t even consider that they wouldn’t currently be walking side by side without a mask. Makes even more sense that he didn’t say Tony in that case.

Still though…Sean “Sweathog” Miller? I knew Miller was a scumbag in 2015. I’d bet Jay Wright did too.

1 Like

Yea you can tell it was filmed at JPJ and that’s the only time Wright has coached at JPJ as far as I know. Bilas said it was the first 94 feet ever. I’m sure many fans around the country already didn’t like Miller but that was pre-FBI scandal.

1 Like

Clemson beating Purdue 73-61 with 1:50 to go

Clemson, if Purdue is at the line and down 3 with a few seconds to go…

They might have a plan.

1 Like

Villanova is a game where I could see us go Murphy or McKoy on the 5 to guard JRE. Jermaine Samuels and Caleb Daniels are just lanky chuckers with auto-generated 2k names so Hauser won’t be exploited on defense at all. Morsell on Moore. Kihei on Wish-brand Arcidiacono. However the Hauser lob to Huff makes me more confident we can keep Huff and Kadin (good passer) in the game and just feed them 100 touches each. None on Nova can guard the bigs, and if they collapse kick out to an open 3.

Haha the 2k generated names killed me. I’m only worried about JRE. I think Kihei and Casey can handle Gillespie and Justin Moore. Should be a fun matchup to watch.

1 Like

PLEASE GOD TONY WE ARE ALREADY THERE LETS DO IT. We can play twice this non-conference.

6 Likes

Fox probably won’t let Nova do it and let ESPN steal their thunder. ughhh. Probably going to be Rhode Island or Hokies who are there but had their Saturday game canceled.

But I would love to get one or two more games there while we are in a safe bubble. Rhode Island and Arizona State Maybe?

2 Likes

Wow… VT getting stars in their eyes…

2 Likes

Wow. I hate all things VT of course but good on Mike Ypung

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1332345159355273217?s=19

2 Likes

I’m so confused w these protocols? How
Can the game be on with two positives on the team? Doesn’t a positive warrant a two week pause?

This also makes me increasingly nervous as I would’ve pegged the Zags as a program to have it together

4 Likes

Marco Anthony with 22 points against Northern Iowa today.

6 Likes

Wow! Love to see that!

1 Like

No open scholarships and Baker has barely played at Texas but TB liked this dude.

2 Likes

OHHHH. Is it for this year? Would love to nab him in the spring.

Any word on if we are doing what villanova is doing and scheduling an extra game in the bubble? We can get a high level opponent to help develop our team, teams are already safe in the bubble, and we can move the st francis game to wednesday.

If I’m not mistaken I think they’ve scheduled the maximum number of games that they can. In either case, as much as I’d like for them to wipe the stink off of yesterday’s game, I’d rather they be in the gym practicing and building off of what went wrong yesterday ahead of next week’s games.

3 Likes