Outside UVa Recruiting

Seems to me he’s always been this way. You bought into that fireside chat nonsense?

1 Like

Maybe he was? He just seemed to pale in Comparison to Calipari, Pearl, Musselman, and VaTech’s coach.

Culver was a 2 year guy who had bags dropped on his doorstep. True story. Adam’s was his defensive guy who didn’t show up to the airport when beard left for Austin. Not sure how long Adam’s will be around. It just came out that he’s been having an affair with his dead brothers wife. Pretty typical stuff out here.

5 Likes

He was a 3 star recruit… He got bags?

According to an aau coach

4 Likes

Oh wow. So he just got really good in 2 years?

Thought he was a 4, but maybe a high 3
His brother scored over 100 in D3 a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Terrible last game though. Dre cost him millions!

5 Likes

And may have been the hero if not for Braxtons unreal block. Although I dont think that was goin in

6 Likes

Culver wasn’t top 100, per RSCI aggregate. I think people associated Beard with Tony because of two main similarities: defensive orientation, and finding hidden gems (us: Joe, Malc, Dre; them: Culver, Zhaire Smith). At TT, he specialized in Non top 100 guys who overachieved** and in reclamation projects (Brandone Francis, Tariq Owens).

But personality wise, Beard and Tony were always very different.

** I’m not sure if it’s to Beards credit or detriment that neither of those guys lived up to their lofty draft stock. I’m inclined to say he really got every ounce out of them, vs Tony, whose number one skill seems to be in The evaluation stage (great at development, too, to be fair).

1 Like

Still making over 26 mill lol.

1 Like

Best defensive play in UVA history, I just know it would have been good if Key didn’t get that block… That run produced some great plays.

6 Likes

Bone head play by Guy to even put them in a possible last second shot

2 Likes

I tried to forget about that but yes

1 Like

Wasn’t sure what thread to put this in, but wow.

6 Likes

Damn. Dude has really done everything in his power to torpedo his career since that whole AAU fiasco.

1 Like

His attorney your brother, @haney?

2 Likes

It’s a surprisingly common name. I used to get a lot of calls at my old firm for a Tim Haney in Texas who did considerably different work than me. The town in Texas had the same name as my old firm, so the confusion was understandable. Like, calls from marshals wanting to know where my client was. Fun times.

4 Likes

Oh boy

That shot was totally going in. Ask Braxton, he’ll confirm.

3 Likes