Outside UVa Recruiting

Is tech still the favorite for Rodney Rice?

Probably but he’s still visiting Louisville this weekend and they’ve made him their top priority. Tech is sweating a little

Tyler Nickel unfollowed all the hokies he was following on instagram and only follows UNC players/coaches. Big oof to the hokies. Also Big Ooof to @HoozGotNext having to take the “Why didn’t we recruit him” questions that he alluded to earlier in this thread LOL.

7 Likes

This would be perfect. He’ll be buried at UNC just like McKoy will be. Hopefully Rice goes to Louisville now

5 Likes

Their top 4 targets

Nickel - UNC
Rice - Louisville
Clowney - Indiana
Huff - Michigan State or Gonzaga
Their 2022 class - a bunch of random Wofford transfers
Me - Happy

5 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound good for VT, unless it’s a very clever feint by Nickel to build suspense. The VT gurus were fairly certain about getting him, and frankly I thought VT was the logical choice for him too. I get that emotionally it’s wonderful to put on the storied UNC uniform, but I think the odds are high that he’ll be recruited over and buried on the roster by the time he’s developmentally ready to play.

The bad news: teck may not be on any other final lists at the moment.

The good news: They still have 52,491,354 offers out, so, class probably won’t be a total wash.

1 Like

Does it matter if he gets buried though? If he does he can either decide he likes the attention of warming the bench at UNC or he can transfer without penalty.

The transfer rule going away did the blue bloods a favor with some of the more marginal talent: it diminished a lot of the risk in potentially getting buried

2 Likes

The hokies will always have their spring game attendance comparisons. Pathetic MFers who only have a football team that strives for “above mediocrity” to look forward to.

3 Likes

The downside would be wasting a year or two of significant playing time at VT while you are on the UNC bench. Honestly, though, I can’t predict Nickel’s potential, so maybe he surprises us all and plays a lot for UNC. I just know that Tony went after Bond and Traudt very hard, and Nickel not so much.

2 Likes

Would be a huge blow to Tech especially if Rice goes elsewhere. Would also be hilarious considering their insider (Arvin) has predicted like everyone with an offer to Tech at this point and they keep striking out. We’ll see what happens but the Instagram stuff is rarely a good sign

1 Like

He clearly has zero inside info and just passes along what he reads on other boards/twitter. Then things will go south with a recruit and he’ll pretend that he was talking with sources and about to pass along the same info while saying that VT was actually the leader all along and things happened to change in a big way within the past 24 hours

1 Like
1 Like

They have no idea what’s about to hit them

Yup welcome to big boy recruiting VT. At the end of the day you ain’t one of us but congrats on that 11 seed!

1 Like

…and just like that Arvin is walking back everything he told them previously

2 Likes

Hokie fans complain because they can’t land Team Loaded players. UVA fans complain because we barely recruit Team Loaded players (Mamadi was a nice add and what could have been with Sacha Killeya Jones).

I just read what he had to say. The guy clearly sugarcoats most everything he writes, then has to come clean. He should change his username to “Shit from Shinola.”

1 Like

Yeah it’s wild. If I were a Tech fan I would call him on that. Cut the BS. He said a few weeks ago that he could have put a higher confidence in his CB (he had a 7 confidence) and now is surprised and sugarcoating this as not that big of a miss because UNC came calling.

Same dude that said he would take Mike Young over any coach in the country. Thankful for HGN and his reliable sources but also for telling us straight