Outside UVa Recruiting

Tech will be ok. Surely one of other 200 recruits Mike Young swiped right on will commit to him.

7 Likes

You jest but if they miss on Rice (and previously Ward) after bringing in their HS coach, then I will be toasting to their pain and having a hearty laugh

2 Likes

I do wonder if they regret not pushing more for Donald Hand jr. Would also give them some sort of connection to Team Loaded and the 757 area if they wanted.

1 Like

Its like the slightly less brutal version of hiring the dad as an assistant coach, yet the player commits somewhere else somehow.

1 Like

He just flipped his CB to UNC

5 Likes

Epic Fail !!! :laughing:

1 Like

What you talkin? For posterity’s sake, he got it right!

1 Like

“Epic Fail” is referring to his initial VT CB.

BTW – off topic, but R.I.P. Norm MacDonald – I am gutted. :cry:

12 Likes

I agree- it’s been a rough 2021 year and he was so young.

1 Like

Yup. A 9 year battle with cancer damn. Loved his dry humor.

3 Likes

He was not everybody’s cup of tea, but damn I could drink his stuff in all day.

2 Likes
4 Likes

BC would’ve been better off staying in the old BE if that was a viable option, but it really wasn’t. I’d say that BC and Pitt are clearly worse off. Probably Syracuse. Maybe ND. But if they stayed, they would’ve either gone to the AAC after the split or would’ve had to be football independents or maybe MAC teams. Both outcomes would’ve been worse than joining the ACC.

1 Like

Yeah, weird situation. I guess Louisville and VPI are clearly better off now than in the old/new (middle period?) BE, and once they left, Cuse, BC, and Pitt kinda had to leave for football. As much as I may not like it, football pretty clearly still drives the ship… (though I can’t remember the timing of Lville joining; I guess it was post MD departure… I can’t keep it straight … and now here comes another round of realignment …)

1 Like

Yup Louisville was a 1 for 1 Maryland replacement. Why we got stuck with them as our crossover ‘rival’ instead of one that makes some kind of sense.

2 Likes

What time does Nickel commit? I want to watch it.

2 Likes

2:45pm est i think.

3 Likes

Does someone have a link to it?

here you go bro: www.carolinasucks.com/vpiisworse

6 Likes