Outside UVa Recruiting

Thanks. Without a complete roster deep dive, based on who left via graduation or transfer, I think UNC and Cuse are improved. State and GT net loss. No idea about us yet….

Aside from Duke and Miami, I do think Wake has a chance to be pretty good based on who they return, if their transfers hit.

1 Like

UNC got rid of Caleb Love and added some good role player shooters. Still have Hubert running things which might be … probably not great, but maybe he will prove us wrong. Just on the personnel side, seems like a “fit” upgrade.

2 Likes

Feel the same way about us although all the new pieces may take a bit to gel

2 Likes

I ain’t mad at it. Very Clemson like.

Is he getting paid in Schrute bucks? I’d assumed that the LifeWallet money was moving in the same direct as its stock price.

1 Like

We all know that it takes time and experience to really learn Tony’s system, so objectively speaking it is a big unknown. But I feel – for whatever that’s worth – that this team has decent potential to compete for the ACC title, especially if Reece returns, which I think most of us seriously doubt. But the upside is there factoring in the coaching staff’s historical success getting the most out of each guy. I’m excited to see how they progress throughout the season. Or, I could be way too optimistic and we will be terrible, but I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I don’t think UNC is any better. They don’t really have a bucket getter on their team and the offense kind of relies on it.

I actually think they’ll be in the same spot as last year.

Gotta think Louisville and FSU will just be better because hah. I think WFU will be good, but they’ll need to prove themselves to get to the tourney.

I thought NCSU did aight. VT trash hah. GT got better I believe. I think BC will be improved.

1 Like

I’m curious as to what you think about the conference as a whole. Will everyone trash us again? Or will we, on balance, be better?

1 Like

Trash us again? People can say what they want but winners win. It was really the national media guys, and the analytics… they weren’t wrong.

I’m excited to see the team, I don’t think they’re a top 2 or 3 ACC team but will be in the mix.

This is the only info you need to know that UNC will be better.

11 Likes

Agree with everything you said, but by “trash us again” I was referencing the constant drum beat that the ACC was “down” last season * (although that ass Dauster on F68 DID trash Virginia all season)I wonder if people think the ACC as a conference will be considered stronger on the whole than last season?

1 Like

The ACC just needs to win their OOC games.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1655670978381226001

1 Like

Something tells me Nick Castellanos is about to hit another deep drive to left.

7 Likes

Oh man. I always liked Huggy Bear. But that feels like the modern equivalent of a Woody Hayes ending. Which is kinda fitting.

5 Likes

Why was he even on this guy’s show? I googled him.

https://twitter.com/CoachHuggs/status/1330205171025113090?s=20

Time is a flat circle

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/WVUhoops/status/1655684254469091329?s=20

Hah I got a good laugh out of that.

It does feel like HuggyBear is limping into the last years of his career. I have to imagine he’s the next one to go.

3 Likes