Outside UVa Recruiting

He doesn’t even recruit anymore, this may accelerate his exit plan.

1 Like

PS: I was hammered as well, but no excuses

1 Like

I give Hugs credit for a statement that didn’t try to excuse anything or evade responsibility. But where’s the apology from the radio host who kept laughing every time the slur was used?

9 Likes

You know- these guys are 70 years old- their asses aren’t changing.

3 Likes

Great time for them to move on. You’ll likely to keep enough to be competitive and also able to restart soon in your own vision

2 Likes

I think there was some speculation that this was gonna be his last year anyway. Might end even earlier than that

1 Like

Oh, okay. I really thought this was “Catholic fucks” and I kinda thought, yeah, you shouldn’t say that. But Y’know, the 30 years war was a long time ago and what can you do.

Then I’m checking twitter and I see “homophobic slur” and NOW I get it. (Obviously I didn’t listen to the audio)

8 Likes

That is exactly what happened to me too. I was like “obviously inappropriate, but eh” to “ohhhhhh yeah can’t say that”

5 Likes

Same and same. I was expecting “fucks” so when I listened to the audio it really threw me

3 Likes

I had the same thing when I posted earlier saying I laughed. I didn’t realize what he said or understand the backlash. Thought people were just too uptight

In retrospect I get it

3 Likes

Same here

2 Likes

I find it funny that so many of us assumed the same because who knew HuggyBear was gonna go full-on crazy grandpa?

6 Likes

Its funny how we all thought the same thing initially, then realized “Oh, wait, that’s not what he said…”

2 Likes

I guess hate speech against two groups is worse than one, but I feel like everybody is kinda looking past the first one now that we know about the second. That feels a little weird.

I’ve liked Huggins for as long as I can remember, and accepted the rough-around-the-edges persona… even thought of it as refreshing. But, this feels like a situation where the times are leaving guys like Huggins behind.

I thought the apology was direct and unequivocal. That may buy him one last chance, but I cannot see a scenario where he’d get another.

2 Likes

Big time late addition to the portal. Only one year left.

https://twitter.com/NextUpRecruits/status/1655747968539000832?s=20

2 Likes

Just randomly clicked in to this live stream to see where Noah Thomasson would commit. Jeff Goodman’s WiFi was terrible and he got frozen with this face for a good three minutes lol

19 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s probably because we haven’t heard hate speech against Catholics in a very long time, atleast in this generation but of course conversely being homophobic carries a well-known, derogotory meaning without question.

3 Likes

Good ole marbly mouth.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TransferPortal_/status/1655960071799447554

Competition where ever you go. Good Luck Cain!

7 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

5 Likes