Outside UVa Recruiting

Also, they will have to play all the top teams in the league this year, which will likely affect their record.

16 Likes

Do they really pose with the Penny Hardaway bobble head on their official visits? I both love and hate that.

Also Memphis has 9 new additions this year… LOL. 3 transfers. 6 recruits wtf

5 Likes

Wonder if they’ll make the NCAAT

3 Likes

That’s Lil Penny! Put some respect on his name!

7 Likes

Fact Lil Penny put in work. That’s who I’d want to meet on a visit.

3 Likes

Fact Fresh is 2 and 1 against Anfernee in HS and AAU

17 Likes

A lot of talent on the wings there. Going to be hard to keep everyone happy

1 Like

This is not going to end well for Memphis but man it will be fun to watch the clownshow LOL.

9 Likes

I too will be playing point guard for Memphis this year

9 Likes

Brilliant recruiting strategy by Penny. Just tell guys its cool to play point forward, point center, whatever

4 Likes

That’s what Lil Penny is telling him in the photo you posted.

There are reports that Memphis pitched an NIL deal with FedEx to Bates and Duren (company is based out of Memphis). This is where NIL really gets sketchy when schools can partner with major donors to get whatever kids they want.

3 Likes

The was originally quoted in the On3 article but has been scrubbed since, hmmm: https://twitter.com/sportsbizmiss/status/1430862689929252868?s=21

1 Like

That’s great to hear. Well not for UVA necessarily but great for the young men and their families.

You’d think that as a legendary PG Penny would be able to land almost any PG he wants. Strange that’s the big hole on their roster.

So FedEx’s pitch is essentially this: come to Memphis and we will pay 7 figures. Go to UVa and our fail-son will break your jaw and then we will sue the school when they decide to do something about it. Choice is yours…

6 Likes

That’s a blast from the past on the FedEx kid.

1 Like

Nah, not that long ago. Happened when I was a student, so just a few years ago. [checks year …]. Oh yeah, gulp.

2 Likes

If my memory’s not failing me there’s 2 guys still on the roster who would’ve been on the team back then.

Really desperate but wondering how long it is until we offer a kid who then gets an overtime offer.

1 Like