Outside UVa Recruiting

2 Likes

Basile and Cattoor

Leonardo Dicaprio Leo GIF

1 Like

It’s a great point and also remember that Aluma had two years under MY plus a redshirt year at Tech before coming in. Anyone expecting a 1:1 replacement from Basile is wildly undervaluing how good Aluma was.

10 Likes

Bidding war between Tennessee and Auburn that is going to come down to the wire. Rumor has it Tennessee also offering Justin Edwards 7 figure offer. I already root against Tennessee, so I am going to be enjoying when the “best team that money can buy” goes 6-6 in football and first round out in the NCAA tourney.

https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1521952203728207880

Like don’t these other programs see that Kentucky and Duke each only have one natty loading up on one and dones. Now these other schools are going to be paying 7 figures total to assemble teams that arent even as talented (only one one and done and some transfers not good enough for the nba) and expect greatness?

2 Likes

Still a better chance of buying good players to make a run at it than landing one of the 8-10 coaches who can build a team that brings it all together in March.

2 Likes

Only one team wins a national title each year. At least 8-12 are in the national spotlight. Question (at least imo) is really more about does buying these teams do enough to get you in that range where sportscenter will talk about you all year?

4 Likes

I do wonder if one school texting an offer and then he tells the other school the offer to up it? Or is it a combined zoom video auction? WIth the momentary breaks?

2 Likes
1 Like

Im pretty sure we had like 7 posters who had the same insight here before this last season even began…

3 Likes

I think Penny knew that but was selling Bates on the idea that he’d play PG, but Penny hoped that Bates would figure out that wing was his better position. That or Penny was desperate for a PG better than Alex Lomax and was just rolling the dice.

6 Likes
5 Likes

That’s a good article, and kudos to him for being so open about things. But he also comes off as petty in a lot of ways.

And this is 100% BS. He’s a good player and maybe does have an outside chance at playing in the NBA some day, but no way anybody offered him $500K.

5 Likes

Good for him. Dude was one of the top portal prospects available.

5 Likes

LMAO

7 Likes

Do not taunt Happy Glow Ball.

3 Likes

bit player at rice. a decent depth piece for them.

Bet he’s not as good as our Rice transfer.

10 Likes

Weren’t we somewhat interested in him or
did I imagine that?

7 Likes

I believe before London Johnson fell through they seemed interested in adding a bouncy big and maybe a CG/2G shooter with him and Sheppard being of interest. That playbook seemed to have changed recently so who knows it they would still be interested in him. They do seem to be recruiting shooters at all positions now,