Outside UVa Recruiting

And the Gus Bus is indeed a Badger. Hope it works out well for him.

10 Likes

Very good fit for them

1 Like

Clearly going to Georgia Tech

4 Likes

Might want to hit the gym before flexing like that. My man has gas pumps instead of pythons.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Who the hell is going to be on NC State next season? Casey Morsell and that’s it? lol. They lost Manny Bates to Butler as well and I think that Jericho kid who torched us is gone

3 Likes

Casey Morsell is literally their returning scorer. Im sure they added a transfer or two but let me put $100 on NC State last place acc next season plus Kevin Keatts fired.

6 Likes

I’m guessing Casey puts up a bunch of empty stats this year and then grad transfers for his 5th covid year

4 Likes

It’s going to be a disaster. The only thing that saved Keatts this year was an unwillingness to pay his payout and the fact they could tell themselves “Well, Manny Bates was out - we were missing one of our best players and only bigs”. But then the dude rehabs with you for a year and peaces out to another team? That’s… not a good look.

5 Likes

I totally missed on KK. I thought he was a good hire for State at the time. Thought once he got ACC caliber players in the system he ran at UNCW, they’d be a handful.

5 Likes

Yeah, I thought that was a good hire too. Had all the credentials, just didn’t work out. Same with Mack at Louisville.

I’ve got a lot of hope for Forbes at Wake and Young seems to be coaching VT up, so we’ll see on them.

Everyone else in the conference had to deal with 4 Hall of Famers (K, Roy, Pitino and Boeheim) plus Bennett and Hamilton for the past decade. Larranaga and Brey are no slouches either. Hard to break into the top half of the conference facing that level of competition, but now that a few have moved on, the new guys have a better chance.

4 Likes

Ive spammed this a little but in the next 2-3 years the ACC is going to be replacing Coach K, Brad Brownell (new AD/lets see if he accepts mediocrity), Keatts, Boeheim, Leonard, Louisville opening (Payne filled), Jeff Capel (when he gets fired), and Mike Brey (smoke of retirement soon). Along with Earl Grant and Hubert Davis in first years this year.

It’s going to be a completely new looking ACC.

3 Likes

Larranaga’s 72. He can’t be planning on more than another season or 2 or 3.

After all that turnover who would ever imagine that the 2nd most tenured ACC coach after Tony Bennett would be Josh Pastner (if he even makes it 3 more seasons).

3 Likes

Hard to say. Guy’s are working longer than ever lately. Biden’s up there.

2 Likes
6 Likes

The quality of our social media videos has gotten significantly better over the past couple years, but I hope we can one day get to this level. This is essentially a perfect video, I’m not even an IU fan and that got me hyped up lol

1 Like

I just realized Indiana is trying to do the same thing as us. Bring most guys back and see if they can jump from a 12-seed to what? A 10-seed? Maybe get to 500 in-conference?

as a delusional sports fan I often fantasize of hype videos in my head (so many different ideas) and the first half of this video was almost identical to one of them.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say they are like us. TJD is a stud. Also they bring in a top ranked class that is actually going to play (Jalen Hood Schifino will start for them, no idea if Bond Dunn McKneely combine for 5 minutes a game behind Kihei’s 46 minutes a game… just kidding lol).

2 Likes

It’s a similar question, IMO. Not comparing guy for guy, just the fact that they were mediocre last year, and bringing back 78% of minutes plus a couple frosh, looks familiar.

Are Reneau and hood-schafino difference makers? We shall see.