Outside UVa Recruiting

That’s a solid rotation add for Dook. Guy who averaged near double digits for a tournament team and was a 41% 3 point shooter on a pretty high volume.

Yeah. The kind of player I was hoping we would have added if we did add someone this offseason. A veterain at the wing with length and 3pt shooting ability who can start for us at the 3.

2 Likes

Essentially the same player as Franklin. Franklin will have a good year, next year.

4 Likes

What a weird out of nowhere commitment. Long 6-8 wing who was primed to explode this summer and already had better offers. AAU teammate of Dilione so maybe this encourages him to commit soon? But also hopefully not commit to VCU.

Yea, I checked this guy out and i agree with you. He already had better offers and he appears to just be catching the attention of major colleges. Interesting to see is this commitment sticks

Man Amani Hansberry is playing so well. Yeah he’s a 6’8 center but he’s athletic, can shoot an open 3, and is straight up a Draymond Green Type. Got the better of Milan Momcilovic last weekend of games as well (shut him down defensively while also have a really good all around game).

I believe I mentioned Jay Wright and Villanova offered and wanted him as their next center and then when Neptune was hired radio silence from Villanova’s end. Smoke is that Neptune wants to go away from the small ball and to a more traditional sized lineup (Hence Nova’s offer to Zayden High).

Hokies want him bad but the feeling isn’t mutual.

A pg McKneely Dunn Power Amani lineup would be dope. Find a way to get him to reclass to 2022, redshirt, and work out with Jayden and Mike Curtis. He plays just like Jayden does but a little taller and more athletic and further along on his jumper + the playmaking ability with his assists.

Pitt

Wtf. From Cuse to Oregon to Pitt. Tht makes total sense.

2 Likes

You really thought Capel was just gonna out like that? Without dropping one last all-time bag? He’ll bag-drop to the very end.

5 Likes

Hey, it got them all the way to…checks notes#115 in Torvik’s preseason rankings (from like the 130s).

4 Likes

The one we were all waiting on:

5 Likes

K retires and it all falls apart ha

4 Likes

transferring as a player or designated driver?

6 Likes

NYU kids have subway access so…

but that was a good one man.

3 Likes

That’s wild. I lived in NYC fairly close to NYU for years, my wife got her masters there, I’m a huge sports fan, and until that announcement I literally did not know NYU had a basketball team.

7 Likes

I assume 99%+ of NYU students don’t know they have a hoops team. D-III fwiw

2 Likes

I never knew they even had an nickname. Any guesses there?

1 Like

I looked it up earlier, so I know it’s the Violets. I had heard that, but forgot.

2 Likes

Imagine youre the mascot and gotta dress up as one?

1 Like