Outside UVa Recruiting

1 Like

That was the deal-maker for him. Just wants to focus on hoops.

3 Likes

I heard he got a great NIL deal with New York cab companies

5 Likes

If that’s your nickname you’d really be better off disbanding the team.

And NY teams like their colors. Violets. Orange. Red Storm.

1 Like

The only reason I knew NYU had a basketball team is that I used to play pickup pretty regularly at their gym, and they’d close the gym for team practices. I think they may have been a D-1 school until the early '70s.

4 Likes

One of my close friends at UVA actually played at NYU his freshman year, transferred over to UVA as a sophomore and thought about walking on for a bit

6 Likes

NYU made the Final Four in 1960?!?
https://nyulocal.com/the-history-of-nyu-basketball-you-didnt-know-c981f1cf0e4

5 Likes

More recent than tech

12 Likes

It would’ve had to have ever happened in order to even be less recent.

1 Like

We make fun of the poor guy, yet this has all been actually informative for me!

1 Like
1 Like

Carolina sucks.

5 Likes

Anyone on Davidson we want to use that last scholarship on?

4 Likes

They have a 6 foot 7 guy from Iceland. Seems like a perfect Igor or kody replacement lol

5 Likes

Foster Loyer is legit, but we already have two PG’s and he’s in his COVID year. He’s a lights out shooter who transferred in from Michigan State before last season. McKillop’s son is taking over so I think the players knew it was coming or at least a possibility. They also brought back an old assistant Matt Matheny a few weeks ago. This has been in the works.

3 Likes

Official now:

1 Like

Florida State. Mamadi big. Long and athletic. Fits the mold.

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1539027293028368386

1 Like

Auburn FML. Tennessee bagmen are useless when you need them the most. Now they gonna go harder after Freddie and ElMarko

3 Likes

Missed this but STAB beat Moravian Prep (that 2025 Eli Ellis kid and some other carolina kids). Also apparently there is this kid on STAB named Chance Mallory who is doing well? Ive seen this name mentioned multiple times in my twitter stream carousing for info.

2 Likes

Yeah, Rose has been monitoring Chance’s recruitment. Its kinda funny, the STAB boys team was pretty good this year, but a little young and kinda underachieved. The consensus was there were probably 2.5 future D1 players on the team: Carter Lang, Austin Williford and maybe Dyllan Thompson (coach Thompson’s son. Really a great kid, kind of an unfortunate situation. He’s presumably in Houston now with his mom).

But then Chance, who everyone forgot about because he’s sub-Kihei short (Rose says he’s 5’5", tops), got an offer from NJIT out of nowhere late in the Spring and then got an offer from Liberty last week. He’s a solid outside shooter, so its interesting to watch.

6 Likes