Outside UVa Recruiting

From what I’ve read, he doesn’t have any offers yet because the overwhelming consensus is that he is going to take the pro route. I’m not sure why this is the case as he hasn’t said anything about not playing college ball, but that’s what the coaches who would consider recruiting him seem to believe.

4 Likes

With Bronnie James he is also in sort of a pick n choose situation. Im sure he could pick any school and 99% of the time (figure UVA would be one of the 1%) they would be like yeah we’ll take you. He would bring in that school so much money on branding and exposure alone.

5 Likes

Gotta assume his dad has been told by most every school Bronny is welcome if he wants to play in college

5 Likes

I think if he indicated he had some interest in the college route, there’d be more takers.

I don’t think he knocked it out of the park this AAU season, so maybe his dad eases up on his Bron+Bronny dream.

No idea on the story but funny nonetheless

6 Likes

Oregon was such a good school he decided he had to commit to them twice.

5 Likes

Nobody had a bigger bag

1 Like

Bronny will go to college. He has improved this summer but he definitely aint Lebron

1 Like

I mean. Who is Bron. Or Jordan or…

1 Like

There might be non-basketball reasons he doesn’t go to college. Unless he stays at one of the LA schools, where half the students don’t know what sportsball is, he isn’t going to be able to walk around a college campus without being stopped every 10 yards. It’ll be like when Johnny Manziel was at A&M. G Legaue might be the way for him to avoid the chaos.

1 Like

Ivy League maybe? Not on talent but they have a history of world famous young adults attending their Universities.

See Brooke Shields (Princeton), Sara Gilbert (Yale), Natalie Portman (Harvard).

5 Likes

Gapare to UMass / Frank Martin

1 Like

Saw this blurb on the Maryland board regarding Derik Queen (that 2024 5 star who can reclassify to 2023 but regardless got dominated by Blake Buchanan when they played)

“It’s unknown what sort of NIL offers will come in from elsewhere for the prized Baltimore native, a member of the 2024 class who could reclassify to 2023. It;'s safe to say there will probably be some high six-figure deals in play. So Maryland will have to navigate that. But there’s been some talk in College Park about a ‘Fab Five’ scenario featuring Jamie Kaiser, DeShawn-Harris Smith, Jahnathan Lamothe, Queen and one more player, whether that’s Elmarko Jackson, Mouhamed Dioubate or someone else.”

Fab-Five LOL.

Current Rankings (subject to change soon) on 247 composite

Kaiser: 72
DHS: 51
Lamothe: 116
Derik Queen (2024 ranking): 10 (probably will drop/many project him as a 3-4 year player despite the ranking)

Fab Five LMAO

For Context. UVA 2016

Mamadi: 27 (highest ranked recruit out of HS for Tony)
Huff: 36
Jerome: 31
Guy: 43
Hunter: 106
Braxton (Transfer): 61
Hauser (Transfer): 114

4 Likes

If Maryland’s NIL people don’t get Derik Queen and Dairy Queen together they should all be fired.

13 Likes

The Maryland mod is the only mod I would say is a loser lol. Well maybe the NC State mod.

2 Likes

wow had no idea Mamadi was ranked so highly. Didnt he take time to really develop at UVa?

1 Like

He reclassed I thought

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/mamadi-diakite-3416

I don’t see a rivals ranking for him

1 Like

2 Likes

In fairness, I think the point of a lot of these rankings isn’t “Who will be best college player over four years”, it’s usually “Who has the highest ceiling and pro potential”. I can definitely see why Mamadi was ranked that high given his athleticism and the raw tools he had to work with. Took a while to develop them obviously, but he was a beast by the end and I really think his pro career would be on a different trajectory right now if not for that freak injury (although hopefully he lands somewhere soon).

Man I wish we had one or two shooters on that 2020 squad he lead though - could have been so fun.

7 Likes

He is definitely in the top 5 of personalities to play at Virginia

12 Likes