Pre-season 2022

I was going to say the problem with getting into the education thing is Duke is still Duke on the academic side. Not like we are going against Kentucky. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a few kids we could’ve gotten over the years if Duke was only the top basketball recruiting power and not also a top school.

3 Likes

Why can’t we do things like this. So many good causes to donate to.

4 Likes

Hoos ringing in the New Yr with the Dragon?

9 Likes

You don’t know me, but I’ll probably be there…

1 Like

7 weeks till first game (NC Central, on Monday this year b/c of Election Day)
Which means 1 week to practice (6 weeks from first game)
Less than 4 weeks to Blue-White (#StreamTheBlueWhiteGame)
I assume secret scrimmages will be the weekend of Oct 22 and Oct 29 (5 and 6 weeks, roughly).
Time to transition from the offseason to the preseason (whoa, maybe we need to be more precise with these threads next year … :joy:)

7 Likes

Okay, quick schedule analysis before I move on with my day:

• Start with 3 cupcakes (UNI and Monmouth aren’t usually, but look like it this year). Will be good to try some stuff out, get comfortable, get 3 quick wins.
  • Then bam – a top 5 caliber neutral game (Baylor) and another top 20ish caliber team 2 nights later (UCLA or Illiniois).
  • One more cupcake (UMES) then …
  • Roadie at Michigan, who seems a bit hard to predict given reliance on Ivy transfer PG and young talent and Dukie rejects. I think this game will be a good bellwether. To hit some of the more optimistic forecasts, I think we need to win this one.
  • Then home for FSU. Add FSU to Michigan. This is a super important game. They will be tough this year, IMO. Tbh, that 2-game stretch is huge, IMO, as a predictor: If we go 0-2, :grimacing:, 1-1 is probably par, and 2-0 means irrational exuberance.
  • Then a cupcake-ish JMU game (in Cville this time) going into the exam break.
  • And we come out of the exam break with perhaps our toughest game of the season - Houston coming to JPJ.
  • Then, at Miami. Who will be very tough, esp. down there.
  • Then two tricky road games at GT and Pitt, closing out 2022 and starting 2023, respectively.

My view – whew, it’s a toughie. There’s a chance (albeit low) we come out of that non-con / early ACC stretch with 4 non-con losses, and 2-2 out of the gate in the ACC. There’s also a chance (albeit also low) that we come out with one non-con loss and 4-0 in the ACC and we’re top 10.

2 Likes

For me in person tentative plan:
1/21 at Wake Forest
2/25 at UNC
3/7-3/11 ACC Tournament at Greensboro

3 Likes
9 Likes

Somebody about to get maul-screened

15 Likes

15 Likes

Need to edit Reece in as all of the pictures lol. He definitely does passing and perimeter D

7 Likes

Sweet a whole 21 second clip …. Wait it was all in slow motion… so actually a 10 second clip … robust!!

5 Likes

I love having a guy like Papi. Thats UVA basketball. The cement wall :muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Somebody correct me if im wrong but. This year we will have 8 four stars on the bench. And if no transfers and no additional 4 star recruits in 23 we would have TEN if Papi stayed another year. ARE YOU KIDDING ME …

1 Like

You have an alternative? :smiley:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Isaac Mc lookin fly in 11 though

4 Likes

Reece Armaan Taine Jayden Kadin

Reece McKneely Armaan Traudt Kadin

Reece McKneely Taine Traudt Papi

Reece Armaan Dunn Taine Kadin

The lineups I want to see this year. Kihei as our Lou Williams veteran off the bench.

2 Likes
5 Likes

What you’re actually going to see:

Reece Kihei 3 other guys

Kihei Reece 3 other guys

Reece Kihei slight variation in the 3 other guys

Kihei Reece Rihei Keece papi mauling face

No lineups with Dunn

3 total minutes for Bond (what a waste he shoulda redshirted)

15 Likes