Pre-season 2022

You also could argue for Lamp/Raker. Although I think they were half '70s and half '80s. (And Raker arguably was more of a small forward.)

The U-Hall announcer used to love saying “Lee Raker.” Leeeeeeeee RrrrrAAAkeerrrrrrr!

3 Likes

Jerome/Guy and Brogdon/Perrantes is a funny one because it seems clear that Jerome/Guy go ahead because of the Natty. But what if Mamadi missed his shot and Devon made his? The difference between the two groups largely comes down to two plays that their teammates were responsible for.

8 Likes

You could sub in JJ for Raker. JJ played point, Lamp played the 2, and Raker played the 3. Lamp and Raker graduated in '81, JJ in '82.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/dotsbasketball/status/1572578657209815041?s=46&t=kkjNp2jBX5Pxqz87icJ2uQ

7 Likes

A big difference though — in those Elite 8 games in 2016 and 2019 … in 2016 - Brogdon played terribly vs Syracuse and London had an uncharacteristic 3 turnovers and 1 assist.
In 2019 - Jerome and Guy played really really well in that game - scoring 49 of the Hoos’ 80 pints and Ty had 7 assists and 1 TO.

3 Likes

Definitely @JoeBoxley the source.

Also, Reece looked ACC POY at last year’s Blue-White scrimmage. Positive sign for sure but coronation will come in the regular season!

2 Likes

I’ve said it before but I think Reece let’s the game come to him a little too much, sort of like Deandre did. Then ever once in awhile he’ll remember he’s the best player on the court and dominate

22 Likes

If you word it right, it’s like we’ve only had one player instead of two in those combos: Wilson Carlisle, Alexander Smith, Reynolds Singletary, and Ty Guy. Heck, let’s add Deane Staples and Clark Beekman to the list.

4 Likes

Cory would find a way to make it say Alexander The Great only

3 Likes

Tsar Cory

1 Like

Carlisle?
He got abused by yours truly in slaughter during a sprin intramural game.

8 Likes

So they are posting best-of clips from Italy for each player on the hoops Instagram. Odds on the Ryan Dunn dunk being included?

1 Like

Taine is up today for those wondering.

I’m really really pulling for that dude this season

9 Likes

Me too but I unfortunately just don’t see it with Taine. Hoping he can be a solid role player but imo that’s his ceiling. Hope I’m wrong though

7 Likes

Do you have a specific Instagram name even if you don’t want to link it here? Thanks!

uvamenshoops

Not sure I understand your question? I do have an Instagram account but am not going to be linking it here haha

Booooo.

Edit: i finally got an account and dont understand how it works at all hahahah

5 Likes

Fresh, Ive had one for 2 years now and i have no idea what im.doing on it

4 Likes

Yessir. i literally only got it to be able to see what people post here or when friends send nonesense. Cant work the thing on my own though ha

6 Likes