Pre-season 2022

Brilliant!

I like that idea, but I’m assuming that would violate a TV contract somehow.

They might but that doesn’t mean all complaints are the same. Just because someone might have an invalid gripe in the future doesn’t make their current one incorrect. Might make you not want to listen to it haha but doesn’t make it wrong.

3 Likes

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn.

1 Like

To summarize- *whenever there is a UVA game us fans want to see it. Whether it’s the Regular Season, Post Season, Pre-season, and in this case the *Summer Season- that shouldn’t be considered whining, it should be considered support and fandom.

Edit- we also ONLY have the International games every 4 years, so it should be a special opportunity to see our players, compete against International players, not something that we or UVA bball should be ashamed of?

6 Likes

Bilas is doing all sorts of social media posts about the Auburn trip (visiting holy sites, the dead sea, etc.). It doesn’t just have to cover basketball, we can cover the cool team bonding stuff too. But HAS to cover the basketball!

2 Likes

I’ll address the effort that it takes. This should *not be on TB’s shoulders, as it creates a bottleneck. Plenty of others have said that it should be on the Sports Marketing or other departments to handle the logistics.

The point of the trip is to play basketball games. Consider this *another season that could have some exposure.

3 Likes

Maybe there are some students at the university who would like a summer internship filming for the hoops team provided their travel and lodging is funded

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’m told the streaming thing is an issue of resources, not secretiveness. Which I can believe, especially with the athletic department coming out of the pandemic.

5 Likes

What I’m saying is you guys should have given more money. I blame all of you.

23 Likes

How big a check do I need to write? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know I’m way too cynical, but I know a plausible sounding but not really fully accurate excuse when I hear one. There’s no resource constraint to having better highlights and we have cruddy highlights.

This has never been a priority and it won’t be a priority because of staff idiosyncrasies. If it were a priority, I suspect we could find some coins in the couch cushions.

5 Likes

“Grandma, I love your turkey meatloaf, I swear I do, but I filled up on that delicious sugarless candy you left out.”

4 Likes

Yeah I mean we spend millions on bball staff (if not >10 million). We could find a way to produce good content. Especially as there are students who would love to do these sorts of things in consort with some professional staff. So instead of 3 editors you could have 2 + a student or 1 + two students

They have a private jet for God’s sake - they can post full scrimmage videos or extended highlights lol

4 Likes

I probably shouldn’t say anything, but I know a guy who spots for a guy on the bench at the gym who knows a guy that knows a very influential billionaire donor who a couple years back actually demanded that the basketball team kill its plans (spearheaded by CTB) to enhance the social media / highlights / scrimmage streaming effort because he lurks on this board and just loves seeing y’all whine about it.

4 Likes

If fighting against injustice means Im whining, then know I am the biggest whiner to ever exist. Brothers, do not let those who oppose us cast us in negative light just to advance their own narratives. Only victory awaits us.

Know that one day those who opposed us will gain the same benefit we do, sitting at home comfy watching the Orange Blue scrimmage.

3 Likes

And I love whining, so give that man a pat on the back for me.

Though what I really love is watching hoops…

5 Likes

I knew I shouldn’t have said anything. It’s just a rumor guys. Might not even be true. It’s possible that I just made it up.

5 Likes

It’s actually pretty simple: anything with even a hint of brand-building or marketing is only begrudgingly attended to, and then only to the barest extent possible. That must flow from TB. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

3 Likes

Just whine baby

1 Like