Recruiting - Trick-or-Treat October

Good find, now that is interesting to start going after a guy this late in the cycle or maybe targeting for Spring. Either way I’d call that a nice sized tea leaf

1 Like

Same.

I’m not a national guru but I’m calling Kaufman to the Hoos right now.

5 Likes

I think the only thing to read into that is that Kaufman hasn’t committed to UNC yet. He’d just be someone they’d check out during the HS season. He just came over from Finland and is getting a lot of attention, sort of a curiosity right now.

1 Like

Brian Snow on the Virginia for Kaufman maybe hype train (but really it lines up with what I and others noticed in that it’s not Virginia vs Indiana. It’s Virginia vs home)

4 Likes

I also found Snow’s speculation that Kaufman might wait until winter or spring to commit very interesting. It’s probably true that all of his suitors will have a space for him this coming April. I imagine the only reasons to commit within the next month is if he is tired of the whole process, and has decided with certainty where he wants to be next year.

2 Likes

Bossi on Kaufman and Houstan, spolier thinks we trail Bama and Mich

3 Likes

:eyes: :thinking:

6 Likes

When was that posted?

about an hour ago

1 Like

He posted that exact thing last week. Not sure what it means.

If I were in this position in high school, there is a good chance I would have just been posting random crap to make people freak out. Like a gif of a turtle eating lettuce with some nebulous text like “Can’t always make everyone happy - set your own path. #Grateful T-minus 48 hours.” Would probably just see how abstract I could go while still getting reactions on Instagram.

10 Likes

Maybe he just has to pee

8 Likes

I think most people assumed this, but looks like we’re officially out of the running for Deebo

3 Likes

One of these is not like the other

5 Likes

The #1 posts from Kaufman seem to be about his school’s football team. Both posts were on Friday. They’re 8-0. He thinks they’re #1. He’s stepped up his having fun with the attention game lately.

8 Likes

Obviously he’s not a good cultural fit and we should stop recruiting him immediately

3 Likes

He just posted a 5 hand with his top 5 then a 1 finger with a ?

2 Likes

Welp maybe it’s coming then! Football thing was just a theory that made sense. Either he’s announcing or teasing the hell out of folks, Not being vague at all now.

Most recent stories. He deleted the earlier vague one.

3 Likes

Maybe he’s reading LRA which is why he felt the need to clarify…timing adds up… :eyes: :eyes:

11 Likes

Do you think of the 3 remaining targets, the likelihood of UVa landing Kaufman is greater than Keels or Houstan?