Reece! Future NPOY!

Reece! is very quick on the ball with those lightning fast hands. Reece! also has great court vision enabling him to anticipate where that ball is going. Reece!

Thats the thing. The way hes so quick with his hands on ball. Cant remember seeing similar like that. Reece!!

rEECE111

I haven’t watched the Pitt game yet, so real question here. Is there a sense that Kihei is deferring to Reece! running point, or is it still a true two-headed monster? I just recall seeing both bring the ball up without any real sense as to who gets the ball (i.e., lockdown defender on one, so the other brings the ball up)

I have a sense that Kihei is deferring, yes. And Reece!! is slowly starting to not look exclusively for Kihei on first pass or whatever

9 Likes

Reece got robbbed of 2 more made 3’s last game bc of floor fouls right before he put the shots up, too!

5 Likes

Reece! is slowly asserting himself as the leader on the court. He is more aggressive and confident

1 Like

That’s been happening to a certain extent all season. But it is heating up, I agree. E.g., back when we tried to run some ball screen earlier in the year, Reece seemed to be running like 60% of them, whereas last year it was like 10% of them.

2 Likes

Also think Kihei needs ball screen to free up get space more than Reece!! does but will watch for that tomorrow

2 Likes

Good article: Can the offensive progression of Reece Beekman alter UVA's outlook? - ACCSports.com

Also, Reece!!

5 Likes

11 Likes

Reese!!!

1 Like

Just wanted to drop in and let y’all know that

Reece!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/uvamenshoops/status/1484556458364649475?s=21

From Jaden.

1 Like

This thread is calling me to make my 4th post ever……

REEEEEEEEECE!!!

7 Likes

Geisinger loves Reece!!! That’s at least the 3rd or 4th glowing article he’s written about Reece!!!, including a long form one absolutely commending the way he slips ball screens with video evidence. The way he writes and uses video reminds me of Sperber actually.

2 Likes

He’s great. His non-UVA stuff is very helpful too for understanding what opponents are likely to be trying to do too.

Geisinger needs to call Fresh

2 Likes

Reece

Even Hershey is getting in on the Reece love. Picked these up on the way home tonight.

Reece!

45 Likes