⛹ Ryan Dunn - Official Thread

Hey @HoozGotNext I thought it was the opposite for Bobi, in that he has a *really pure stroke already, but defensively and rebounding he didn’t seem as engaged- atleast not to the level that Dunn was this past season.

1 Like

That’s a good call. Klintman wound up shooting 37% from 3 at Wake. It just all came late in the year. I wouldn’t say he was a good defender in college but he’s a 6’10 athlete, it’ll come. In some ways guys like him are better suited defensively in the NBA than college.

Unrelated but Klintman to me is the best comparison to Jarin Stevenson. He wasn’t that great in high school when he came over but you knew it would all come together eventually and when it did he was an easy NBA player. A lot of the same issues. Same risk with Jarin too imo…could be in the NBA without ever producing much in college.

9 Likes

Previously known in conference as the John Butler Jr problem.

1 Like

Givony interviewing Dunn… he is gone next season LOL

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1663178946207154176

12 Likes

That’s the CAA effect, I think. All the guys he’s been interviewing at that training facility have been CAA-repped.

6 Likes

RD!!

3 Likes

Also, if he can use a screen and make a dribble move in a 5-on-5 situation at game speed like he did in that video, that would be huge. Big difference doing it in that 2-on-2 environment compared to a live situation with help defenders stunting in your way or poking at your dribble.

5 Likes

Wow he’s looking better! His left and gather to shoot is still a bit shaky but progressing for sure!

If Bond is able to come in and give us Dunn like production at his position after the RS, we will be cooking.

4 Likes

Still think 2 years…hopefully

6 Likes

Oh boy

3 Likes

Feel like there’s a perception that Ryan has major work to do to become a 3 point threat. He had low volume, but shot 5/16 last year. That’s 31%…not lights out, but not horrible. Out of every 16 attempts, if he can consistently hit 6, that’s 38%.

Ty Jerome was a career 39% shooter from 3.

2 Likes

RD will average 16 and 5 with 2.5 blocks per game and will be a top 20 pick next year. Probably higher.

6 Likes

I’ve always felt you need 3 DUDES to make a run with supporting guys who can contribute a little every game then you can make a run. If Dunn and iMac can take a leap and we get Reece back (not holding my breath), this team could be scary.

6 Likes

Good point but his form is/was too variable. Compare to the highly repeatable and efficient form and footwork of IMac. Maybe correctable to some degree without overhauling Dunn’s entire jumpshot.

3 Likes

3 dudes = Dunn, IMac, Gertrude and Rohde … the new 4 = 3

7 Likes

16 attempts just doesn’t tell us a lot about his shooting in either direction, so I think it’s more that it’s a question mark rather than thinking he is a bad shooter with work to do. I think the warmup-watchers have noted some inconsistency in form throughout the season, but i don’t think that’s necessarily a huge signal of what kind of shooter he can be.

4 Likes

For Ryan I think 16 attempts was the right amount last year kind of considering everything. I also dont care about his 3s and or attempts as much and think if he does shoot a lot of them it is just an audition to go to the NBA

5 Likes

Yeah, feel like he’s lottery or undrafted. Not sure why exactly

2 Likes

He’s gonna show up on preseason 2nd round mocks just so the Givony & Vecenie types can say he was on their radar if he blows up this year

7 Likes

All being said RD definitely has the tools it takes to absolutely blow up. Imagine if he had red shirted!

4 Likes