Spring Recruiting Thread

Man kon is so good. 19 pts on on 5-6 from 3. And he would have 7 assists if his teammates could hit open 3s.

Edit: 23 points. also has 2 blocks and a steal (no idea if they will show up in box score)

9 Likes

Damn 2 in and out 3s from kon to drop his 3pt shooting to 5-8 from 3. Garbage

Team down 5 with 4 minutes left

3 Likes

He’s going to UNC but Jarin had a nice game this morning, 19 pts, 1-2 from 2, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals.

2 Likes

Tony Tony Tony

2 Likes

H/T
How does Kon compare to Tyler Herro?

3 Likes

Herro more catch and shoot. Taller Kyle Guy.

I think those here who mentioned Chris Mullen are spot on. I even saw on the Wisconsin board they use Chris Mullen as the comparison. To compare him to Joe Harris or Sam Hauser might be a disservice cause he might be better on ball rather than sitting in the corner.

Finished with 30 pts, 12-21 fg, 6-9 from 3, 8 rebounds, 3 assists (more likely had 5 and could have had 10), 2 blocks 1 steal

7 Likes

Stream for Christian Bliss (and Boogie Fland and Matt Hodge vs Elliot Cadeau and Tahaad Pettiford

3 Likes

Christian Gurdak. The 2025 center at PVI who visited UVA, and then had a strong game in front of Tony when he and Williford watched Takeover U16 last time Tony went out. Him along with Nate Ament and Jordan Scott make the big 3 for virginia talent in 2025. All 3 could be burger boys.

9 Likes

Me, me, me, me!!!

Kon is the guy who can fill up the basket that we need.

3 Likes

I like Bliss but man he is getting totally outclassed by Cadeau and Pettiford. Having those two as a backcourt is a cheatcode and the coach should be fired for not being undefeated with that duo. Like Kon, they are the type of players who are clearly just so very different from everyone else on the court not just with talent but their IQ and playing under control.

4 Likes

Well you heard it hear kinda first: Pettiford

Edit: a great matchup would be watching Elijah check Tahaad

10 Likes

I remember you touting him.

2 Likes

He’s active in both assists and on the boards which is what sold me as him being more than just a shooter.

2 Likes

I think the talent identification environment may have changed for Tony. He was pretty ahead of the pack on resetting his board each July. While other schools were still pursuing the same overrated guys, Tony would turn his attention to go all in on Brogdon, Dre, or others after the July live period. Now everyone does that.

3 Likes

Derrion Reid is a monster. Small Forward from Georgia Wilkins follows who has been a monster

Give me Kon as the point guard (show him Ty Jerome clips), Derrion Reid or Nic Codie as the small forward, and William Jobe as the “redshirt” since he needs to add muscle but brings that shooting to the front court.

3 Likes

Speaking of William Jobe, recent highlights for him (darn you tweets no longer embedding to show clips)

https://twitter.com/SteveJobe10/status/1661532701621379073

3 Likes

English Letter GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

1 Like

@Hooandtrue .I’m running late today. Is anyone playing now we are involved with?

1 Like

No. Turn on ESPN2 and watch UVA lax. Games are done today until 4:30pm (lunch break).

3 Likes

Ok, Thanks

1 Like