Summer Recruiting

!56 for Young (right outside the top 150).

2 Likes

Going to tech this weekend

Saw that, for an unofficial, apparently his 3rd time there. Interestingly, their resident non mod bball guru alluded to the fact he wouldn’t make a call until the end of the summer…clearly waiting to earn that UVA offer

1 Like

2023 rankings update: Top five forward Xavier Booker headlines the biggest stock boosters (247sports.com)

Yep, Gc usually is in the know.

1 Like

Looks like they just followed who Tony was shadowing in making that list lol

2 Likes

Great basketball name

https://twitter.com/JustinByerly/status/1529865930230190081

9 Likes

I was gonna bug you about him. Had some MAJOR dunks during the last aau weekends.

Hunter → Dunn → Isaiah Abraham

Braxton → Bond → Rakease Passmore

2 Likes

Looks like he’s always looking to score. He needs to pass more.

(Ok, got that out of the way)

4 Likes

Saw HGN retweet this about Stojakovic. Says nice things … knows Kyle Guy … but do we have any chance?

13 Likes

Blake Buchana clip/interview. Man I love his skill set. A better Darion Atkins (taller at 6’9, more bounce, more outside shooting, tenacity blocking shots/I can see why Tony wants him bad and he was our first offer out the live periods). Also has that Akil Mitchell floater hook shot.
UA Rise Circuit on Instagram: "Underrated but never overlooked 😤 🎥: @hooptownelite own @blake_buchanan4 can GO! Check out his story as he looks to put Idaho on the map! 🏀 #riseabove"

2 Likes

You think the offer to him has anything to do with no offer yet to Gapare? Or is that (no Gapare offer) unrelated / on its own?

They seem to be filling similar roles…

Tafara is a 2022. Buchanan is a 2024 essentially. We need both in our front court at least for bodies. Otherwise we are looking at only Traudt Bond (small ball) and Power.

Tafara is, what im assuming from all the info and also bugging HGN, the typical overseas handler + his camp thinks he’s a 5 star.

2 Likes

Right, right. Forgot that.

I’m pro handler. I don’t know any details, but working through Fofana couldn’t have been so bad, right?

My takeaway from that video is that the Soderberg look a like TB was with in Kansas City was the real Sodey after all. Not sure what was going on there…Williford might not have went out that weekend, never saw him. So I guess Sodey went in his place.

6 Likes

3 Likes

That’s from the first weekend, 8 am game, watching the big guy from Seattle whose name escapes me.

3 Likes

Love the “just here for the free food, tbh” guy

5 Likes

Not even watching the game. Eat and Watch. How else can you expect to climb the coaching ladder.

1 Like

Wearing blue, kinda looks like Bill Self. Why not eat? Let Tony do the evals then offer accordingly.

1 Like