The Elliott Era begins

Truly wild that Armstrong is nowhere to be found on here (unless I missed him). There’s like 4 ACC guys that he was better than on here too lmao. Maybe it’s anti-lefty bias or maybe people think his stats were a product of the system but the disrespect is insane

Also this edit is cool

6 Likes

It could also be that we are a victim of our own propaganda with the cherry picked stats? idk

1 Like

Man he was making 400+ yards look easy for most of the season :joy: I know it’s a lot of attempts but I don’t think that’s just some cherry picked stat

Like maybe he’s just not the NFL type but I’m not sure what else he’s supposed to do besides cut out a few picks

2 Likes

The picks are huge. The NFL values ball security more than ever. And scouts know everyone puts up yards especially with the number of attempts he was throwing a game. This will be a a big year for Armstrong to prove he is not a system player. Last year was amazing stat wise, but the argument can be made he was more Tommy Chang/Hawaii/Air Raid system QB, than outstanding passer/QB mastermind.

I think Armstrong is a solid QB, a very good college QB, and a great QB in the history of Virginia QB’s. But I think his stats were a bit inflated last season, and his TO’s, which also were a bit inflated, are crucial.

6 Likes

His footwork is also inconsistent. Unless you have a top arm that’s something NFL teams hate.

1 Like

Good point, I’m not a technique expert when it comes to QB’s but Armstrong also has some issues with his throwing motion. Like the footwork, it’s not the worst in the world, but when you’re in his boat, he doesn’t need anything extra going against him.

1 Like

Yea and it’s not always bad he’s just inconsistent with it. Type of thing that can be worked on. He has the baseline just needs to put it together. Either Kitchings or Lamb talked about it during spring practices so hopefully the new staff helps Brennan clean it up. Really do think he can be a decade long backup in the NFL.

1 Like

The lefty thing hurts his chances of being a backup though. I think he has NFL talent, not elite level talent, but low end starter or solid backup talent. If he gets into the right situation, no reason he couldn’t have a Taylor Heinicke or Tyrod Taylor level career.

2 Likes

So he needs Tua to stick as a starter lol

2 Likes

Inconsistent is the right way to put it. He could follow in Kurt Benkort or Bryce for that matter. Sign on in FA and maybe get a start here or there.

1 Like

Honestly, being Tua’s backup somewhere might be his best shot.

5 Likes

Probably the realistic one… assuming Tua isn’t the No.2 somewhere by the start of the 23 season.

It’s true … the turnover in the red zone against UNC turned into a 14 point turnaround in a game that was a 20 point game - and UVA had the ball at the end … in what would have been a chance to win the game.

1 Like

Outreach by the team

6 Likes

Tyler Van Dyke and Phil Jurkovic are really good QBs. Not sure why DJ from Clemson is even sniffing the air on that thing lol.

Leary has no arm strength whatsoever. Malik Cunningham has big time potential.

If you think about it… the ACC has a lot of good QBs in this league.

2 Likes

It’d be cool if any recruits wanted to commit on the football side sometime soon. I have no idea when guys in football usually commit, but I could use a recruiting fix.

2 Likes

Since the NIL is here I dont expect to many early commitments to schools like UVA that do things the right way. I lot of poayers looking for deals and you can’t blame them with the type of money and tampering going around. That being said it would be nice to get on board with a 2023 recruit

Heard rumors about this earlier this week and sounds like it’s gaining steam. Won’t lie not sire how I feel just yet. Do know I’m crazy about the current scheduling.

5 Likes

Kind of like it. But also don’t mind the current system. Although It’s nice having a shot at a “title” with divisions, etc. I think if you take that carrot away it devalues a lot of games unless they are the top tier games and I think that’s boring. But change is sometimes good and playing different opponents is cool.

5 Likes