The Elliott Era begins

True didn’t mean him in particular. Lora is a solid addition. And probably around the realistic level the Hoos can expect right now.

1 Like

Well, I am pleased.

3 Likes

Ah that’s what the WFS stands for.

The assholery all makes sense now.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Rare footage of WFS, except it’s “Thank you sir, we’ll never get another [recruit]”

3 Likes

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/noahevaughn/status/1541462867509235714/photo/1

11 Likes

No other P5 offers per 247 but he does have Navy and Princeton offers, so he’s got the Ivy and service academy combo.

3 Likes

The Tony Elliott recruiting experience seems… like the exact same as the Bronco Mendenhall recruiting experience

2 Likes

Year one and he’s gotten more talent to visit grounds than Bronco did in 6, ain’t worried about it

16 Likes

We got Terry’s kid. What’s the deal with Wali’s kids?

1 Like

Yeah, he deserves more time before any conclusions are made. Would love to see at least one or two four stars in this class though. Don’t think that’s asking too much.

6 Likes

Am I the only one tired of seeing 3☆ commits? 3☆ talents result in 3☆ records. I understand the limitations. Should I just erase the Shawn Moore years from memory and adjust expectations?

yes.

1 Like

I need to see the Defense first… it was a disaster under Bronco.

I mean, honestly… yes? We aren’t at that level in modern college football and probably won’t be.

Also, if you look at ACC recruiting the past several years, there’s usually the top four teams (Clemson, Miami, FSU, UNC, sometimes VT) that can snag over 5 four stars, but the vast majority of decent teams in the league are only getting 3, 4, or 5 four stars in a good year. The vast majority of most recruiting classes are made of up of three stars. I think our dream target should be like 4 or so four stars every year. That’d be pretty high level recruiting for an ACC school not in the top echelon.

4 Likes

Not really a football guy but at least they aren’t rolling around the ground hugging weights. That’s progress in my book.

4 Likes

Yes

Woohoo. Lets go Hoos. Get that 7-6 and a chance to get slaughtered in the ACCCG.

The key difference between Bronco and TE for me is Bronco sought 2-3 stars because A)Thats all he could get and B)He was so sure in himself and his system that he thought he could “coach 'em up” and they’d be good. The result was a bunch of 2 and 3b who generally left as 2 and 3s.

TE is targeting and committing 2 and 3s because that’s what the market will take at this point. Arch Manning ain’t walking through that door. However, I do believe TE’s system and culture will be more enticing for 4s and 5s to take serious looks at and commit to once the time is right, never felt that was the case with Bronco. That earned not given hustle loyalty respect culture he touted was fake and real knew that.

The truth of the matter is we are in the dark days of Virginia football, things were worst last year than the record showed and despite some blips of talent on the radar the cupboards are thin and will remain that way for another season or two.

This is going to be a process.

4 Likes