The London Johnson didn't announce on April 14th thread

Thanks. Really enjoyed the article. Made me appreciate Igor’s defense a little more and Taine’s a little less.

1 Like

Thanking you!

Everyone claim they tired of me beating that drum i just sit back and watch , I’ve been spot on all season about Johnson, recruiting and roster management and Igor transferring due to not getting playing time over Kody and a walk on, TB to loyal to his players to a fault that been in his system. So tell me whats the excuses for Johnson not commenting this time :roll_eyes:

Too many holidays to choose from

3 Likes

April 14 seems like such a random date (no holiday). Any chance it’s coming from the UVA side? Like “The offer is only good for two more weeks” if he told them last night?

1 Like
10 Likes

We were very tired of you beating the drum because a) you literally only appear when things aren’t going well or to crap on us for being optimistic and b) you made the same insufferable projections 2 million times on multiple forums. You coming over here, before his recruitment has even concluded mind you, to gloat just reinforces my feelings about you. Most would rather be wrong in their gut feeling but I think you’ll be doing a victory lap if this doesn’t end up in our favor.

Sorry for being optimistic when the biggest basketball insider for our entire program was being told that UVA was in the driver’s seat.

12 Likes

Nice idea. Good for him.

3 Likes

What a miserable dude.

3 Likes

Guessing that Igor was gonna transfer doesn’t make you an insider, we all knew it was a possibility

I was replying to Ben’s post (re: London setting up a gofundme for refugee assistance) as being a nice idea.

7 Likes

It would seem London has alternate motives than finding a school better than UVA. Its good to see a young man using his unique stage for the good of others. Seems like a Tony Bennett kind of recruit.
:large_orange_diamond::crossed_swords::large_blue_diamond:

6 Likes

I hope so no 17 year old should feel like he can pull the strings, move on!

1 Like
On Apr 14, LJ will:
  • Pick UVA
  • Go elsewhere
  • Delay decision

0 voters

On April 14 he’ll make a request to support the ASPCA

7 Likes

Ive been i UVA fan since i was eight years old and been there through a lot of ups and downs, true fans true friends are like true patriotis they tell you the honest truth about what they been observing good or bad,fake fans and friends only pump you up and side with you even when they know things are going going wrong and your messing things up, therefore restricting you from growing or doing better.I didn’t come on to gloat , i just found it interesting that the problems and the red flags i was seeing and many other fans was seeing, Now the in Tony we trust fans are now complaining about who was telling us we was wrong and bandwagon fans.As of Johnson not committing i seen this type of recruiting many times,(example) if someone they are really in love with you and claim that the want to get in engaged and a weddings date was set and when they day is near and they keep pushing it back every chance they get with a number of excuses, they are not really that into as they claim or just taking you for a ride hoping eventually you called it off or move forward so they can save face. Hoping am wrong, i dont care how any one personally see me on i basketball board not knowing me personally, I’m just a honest person and usually see things and certain habits in people that concern me while everyone else keep ensuring everything is ok

Finally some (albeit not much) clarity…This makes me more optimistic for sure.

14 Likes

“To be honest — I’d love to share with you … it’s actually quite funny — but will be funnier after 4/14" - LJ

I don’t he’d be saying this, especially not to a UVA reporter, if he had much intent to change his mind.

…seems like a good kid, not the type to pull a “haha funny story, I decided to chase a bag at Alabama, sorry TB” stunt.

15 Likes

Thanks for sharing the article.

Still believe London Johnson is going to be a Hoo. My personal take is that London Johnson has a long-term vision. He appears in no hurry to reclassify. Feeling no hurry to announce. According to the article, there was something minor that didn’t come together for today. For all we know, maybe his instagram video wasn’t ready which might be why the graphics company reported it first.

Johnson strikes me as a kid who’s comfortable with a long-term plan that will bring him to Virginia—where he’ll continue to develop—before he’s ready for big money in the pros.

Johnson’s got a 3.8 GPA, and he’s raising money for Ukrainian refugees today.

Believe we’ll be good when the announcement for Virginia emerges in 14 days.

7 Likes

He locked up the scholarship from us until those teams scholarship picture cleared up!