Transfer Portal Possibilities

It still is to be determined how much depth we have, doesn’t it? We have a lot of players who I would say are equal in talent. In fact, we could put two 5-man teams on the floor. But we seem to have a hard time recruiting players that our coaching staff wants, who are from the state of Virginia. I’m including players who have transferred to out-of-state private high schools. You could argue that it doesn’t matter where they’re from, but our coaches are spending their valuable recruiting time and traveling expenses pursuing these players, so they must think that these players could handle the academics at UVa also.

1 Like

Some players may transfer to or from Virginia because they decide they want a major that UVa has/doesn’t have. The way that NCAA rules are set up, and even HIPPA regulations, fans are left out of the loop, so we have to do our own scouting (of high school players), or exchange opinions. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, Hoosthechamp:

How do you know about UVa backing off of Williams early after offering, and how do you know that he had a good visit? I’m not second-guessing you: Actually, I’m awed that you have access to that recruiting information. I’m not going to ask you to reveal your sources, but you must know, or know someone who knows, one of the coaches on a friendship level. Go Hoos!

I remember the visit well. Everything went fine and I thought we were in good shape. As time went on and we offered other players I just noticed that we wasn’t paying him much attention. It appeared there was no contact at all. I knew then that something had gone wrong. I have seen it before so I knew the signs. For the last few years I have followed UVA recruiting closely and some things I can pretty much figure out myself. If I had some secret source that knew everything I wouldn’t be on here trying to find out as much as I can now.lol

I assure you I’m just a old country guy from SW Virginia and I dont know anyone or have any affiliation with UVA Basketball at all. It would be nice if I did though

4 Likes

Except for Dfresh. He’s a cool guy!

6 Likes

My man!

1 Like

If we don’t hand out any more scholarships to high schoolers, how many grad students would we take to fill out the 2021-22 roster? Would we like a guy who would be immediately eligible for a single year, solid 3 point shooter, has experience with the pack line defense?

I’m talking, of course, about Tomas Woldentensae.

(Huff and Hauser fit, too, but I assume they will go pro.)

1 Like

With the new rules for this year, everyone who transfers will be immediately eligible I think but I could be misquoting. Everyone this season gets an extra free year and immediate eligibility due to covid (but really due to distracting everyone from the whole “paying players” topic LOL NCAA we see you).

Don’t see us inviting Tomas back unless Morsell continues to struggle and McCorkle/Jabri have less than advertised potential.

Oh sure… whatever you say “not” CTB…

3 Likes

I think the whole point of the logo you chose for your avi is that it could be a gal. I’m guessing your name references Kyle, but still, the irony is pretty sweet.

@HOOS_our_GUY , Are you talking to me and if you are could you be a little more clear?

Im going tu be the lead guy on this stance. Please Quote who you are replying tu. Its the Tu Rule!!! LMAO

3 Likes

@TUGARD The only quirk on the “quotation system” is if you try to quote someone from the post immediately above yours, it won’t let you… it will actually delete it from the post. I couldn’t figure out what was going on for a while when I was trying to do it a few months ago… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are correct Jazz. I just tried. But if you do partial. You will get this. So you have tu hit the arrow tu the right and you will see the entire quote. Thank You so much.

2 Likes

@TUGARD Nice… good to know you can trick the system.

1 Like

I was joking that you are CTB

1 Like

I literally replied to his comment, idk how he didnt know I was talking to him/about him, although the whole thing was a joke.

I for one like the avatar. I think they are cool, and agreed, they are made to be a neutral sexed character. I think its funny how every one hates them pretty hard, but thats not the point of this convo. I just wanted to make a joke that @Hoosthechamp was CTB. Didnt mean to derail the convo.

PS, I just wanted it to be a “clever” username that was UVA related in maybe more ways than one. This way I hit up Hoos, Kyle Guy, and possibly any person who could be “Our Guy” I was a big KG fan, wished he was more involved with LRA. I dont know if he is at all (almost none that I have seen), but I think him having a HS sweetheart potentially kept his friendship with Dre or Ty from going to the next lvl bc he already had someone. But now I’m totally talking out of my ass about things that doesn’t matter AT ALL to this thread .

2 Likes