Transfer wish list 2022-2023

2 Likes

The last ECU transfer we took turned out pretty well, letā€™s run it back!

Give me young Nembhard, Arthur Kaluma, and Trey Alexander

5 Likes

Mini implosion at Dayton

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1605344248681103361

Good time to bring this up again

3 Likes

@HoozGotNext isnā€™t a fan though. Thinks heā€™s just another Storm Murphy. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

3 Likes

Future Hokie Iā€™d imagine haha

4 Likes
2 Likes

Because @brogdonfanpage mentioned him in his recent mailbag on the streaking the lawn site when asked about his own dream transfer target.

Could be a REALLY good grad transfer target for us. Proven 6ā€™6 wing defender shooting 50% from 3 and plus athlete. Plus the navy background means heā€™s accustomed to short leashes (I kid).

2 Likes

off topic tangent 1: Many so many kids in mid majors who are 6ā€™6 to 6ā€™8 wings that we have needed the last few years. And imagine them getting coached up by Tony.

Off Topic tangent 2: This kid above moves exactly like that Shaedon Simpson kid I obsess about. And itā€™s also why I donā€™t view Isaiah Abraham as a wing but moreso a forward (but he doesnt rebound at the rate you want your forward to). Basically Abraham can play either spot but not as well as you want those spots to be played (fluid movement, interior intensity).

8 Likes

Great athlete with a really quick first step. Could probably play some small ball 4 for us if we wanted to space the floor, heā€™s comfortable with the ball in his hands and has a bit of a post game. Iā€™m skeptical about that 3pt % though, he was meh the three years prior from deep and is a career 57% FT shooter. Tells me that it could be an outlier.

With that being said, Iā€™d take him in an instant. Give me all the athletic wings this roster can handle and start switching ball screens to our heartā€™s content.

Are actually 6ā€™1ā€ to 6ā€™4ā€ tall

3 Likes

All in fun but is the DOD going to let him delay his continued commitment to them to play more NCAA games?

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like transfers to and from service academies have really different rules.

1 Like

9 FTs attempted in 11 games (against D1 comp) this season is a bit of a negative signal for an athletic wing though.

What kind of player shoots 50% from 3 and 44& from the foul line?

I didnā€™t see the above. Only 9 attempts so that might be the reason but that brings up another issue

Air Force refs!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think grad transferring to play for another school is an option for Naval Academy graduates.

2 Likes

This is not an optionā€¦ you are an Ensign/2nd Lt when you graduateā€¦ there are stipulations if you have pro prospects about serving in the reserves that have been debated and rules have changed over the past 5-yearsā€¦ but if you want to continue for your Masterā€™s degree, you must apply to the AFITS (Air Force versionā€¦ Iā€™m sure the other services have their own acronym) program which would not include being an NCAA athlete.

3 Likes

Sorry, I meant to say NOT an option.

Edit: I thought I posted that it was an option in my insomniac state, but I guess it was just a partial out of context quote.

2 Likes