šŸŒŽ Travel Discussion

Sneaky good pull. Weā€™d go down there in college rent a cabin in Gatlinburg

1 Like

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

Dollywood FTW! Now that was an experienceā€¦

3 Likes

ā€¦ and you can go to the Blockbuster

1 Like

If you go back, I canā€™t recommend eating in the bar downstairs enough.

4 Likes

Love Charleston as well
We stayed at the Harbor View Inn, donā€™t know how much of a view it has now as they were building a 5 star hotel in their siteline of the harbor.
Again great seafood there some great chill bars and the history is great to take in.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why this is making me chuckle but itā€™s probably because the US military has this building in Londonā€¦ 2 Providence Courtā€¦ in that building is the office Eisenhower was given during WWIIā€¦ now he didnā€™t sit there very much because, you knowā€¦ Battle of Britain and all.

The funny thing was when you are in the room and pull the curtains to the window to the side, all you can see is brick from the side of the building that is right next door and it is super close. Best window view Iā€™ve ever seen. Haha!

1 Like

Fresh just out here keepin it simple my brother

Sidenote: I never been haha

1 Like

Yeah I think their view is pretty cooked now, haha, though that hotel isnā€™t done yet. We usually stay at the hotel right next to that one and just love the location as visitors. Near the water, perfect for morning walks through the French Quarter, easy walk to King St, and thereā€™s a great cafe on Queen St.

2 Likes

So I am no expert, but we were at one point planning a trip out there. Thereā€™s three national parks surrounding Seattle as you probably know - Olympic, Rainier, and North Cascades. We were gonna take like two weeks and do two of them. We were probably going to do Olympic and Rainier for sentimental family reasons, but in talking with others we had North Cascades frequently mentioned as being among the most gorgeous and the one that gets by far the fewest visitors. So depending on weather and such, could be a nice option if youā€™re looking for something less frequently traveled but still amazing.

That said, Olympic and Rainer both are amazing too - but with Olympic it seems thereā€™s no single town thatā€™s great to stay in to see the whole park, you probably want to stay in two places a couple of nights to hit up different sides of the park. But Olympic also is the one that probably hits your criteria of rainforest by far the best - thatā€™s exactly what it is.

2 Likes

hot and humid in the summer.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know what hot and humid meant until I left Hilton Head for UVa. I thought that was just summer and the other seasons were ā€œnot summerā€.

1 Like

Good stuff, thanks! Yeah I was looking at Olympia and North Cascades. Wasnā€™t sure if there were particularly good towns/base camps around them?

Also would consider Vancouver outlying area despite it being in Canada.

2 Likes

Somebody from the actual area can hopefully chime in cause Iā€™ve still never been, haha, so I donā€™t know which towns are actually nice. We had some stuff unfortunately pop up that forced us to call off our trip. But when we were looking at Olympic National Park, we were planning on spending a few nights on the north coast of the peninsula (around Port Angeles) and then a night or two on the west side (general area around Forks, but canā€™t remember which town - thereā€™s a lot of small ones with not a ton going on I think). For North Cascades, we never figured out where to stay because we were going to Olympic and Rainier.

3 Likes

Can second Bend (our kids live there). In addition to its beautiful natural surroundings, itā€™s the beer capital of the PNW, home to Deschutes Brewery and its dozens of small artisanal spinoffs.

Would also investigate Sequim or Port Angeles on the north coast of Washington State. From there you have easy access to Olympic National Park and the Hoh Rain Forest, which are not only vast but straight-up spectacular.

6 Likes

You guys have nailed all the ones Iā€™d have saidā€¦ Dollywood is a riot, enjoyed Charleston and Savanneh. Loved my New Orleans trip. Was this really cute town in Georgia that was like we had magically transported to a rural Dutch town with the architecture and everything.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been like 10 years since weā€™ve been there, but a tourist town we liked when we lived in Florida, is St. Augustine.

1 Like

We were considering St Augustine for this summer you recommend it?

This thread is fun. Iā€™ve got 2 questions to askā€¦

1.) We used to go on cruises pre-covid. Ever since weā€™ve done resorts. Really prefer the resort life now. What are some favorites?

2.) Thatā€™s our normal thing, but this year due to being less able to get as much time off work, weā€™re looking into a condensed vacation and going to Universal Studios Orlando. Weā€™ve been to Disney multiple times but never universal. Thoughts, tips or alternative ideas?

1 Like

One of my favorites is Half Moon in Jamaica. I guess its an resort maybe

3 Likes