UNC board has entire post dedicated to how much McKoy sucks

This is true. Story time: I had really good student seats in UHall for Ronald Curry’s first game at UHall. Brought a negative sign, ready to boo his ass. Then some old guys next to us (like over 30) asked us all earnestly seeming if we were going to boo Curry just because he went to UNC? And I was all like, y’know… fair point, old man. Then during the game, him and his buddy were riding Curry’s ass from the moment he came in.

6 Likes

He was booed every second he touched the ball during every game at U-Hall

9 Likes

As well he should have been. If memory serves I was walking into the Auburn football game the night he announced his (sham) commitment to UVA.

8 Likes

And just about as often at Scott.

2 Likes

We’ll have to disagree here. Transferring to your school’s rival is a poke in the eye. I’m old school and I believe not allowing transfers within a conference was good policy and I suspect I might be alone in that. But, you don’t want to be handicapping yourself by being one school that doesn’t take intraconference transfers when all the rest of the conference does, I just think the kids should transfer outside their conference.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with booing opposing teams and players. There are things that cross a line but booing other teams and players is not one of them. It is generic.

1 Like

It’s sports! People are allowed to boo. And cheer. And all the fun stuff that creates a fun atmosphere. Especially the students.

Like many things in life, I also don’t think there’s a hard and fast line on when it’s OK and when it’s not OK to boo. Just try and apply what you should always apply - don’t be an asshole. Like don’t boo a guy who is lying on the ground injured. Don’t taunt people for family stuff, etc. But other than that, boo and cheer away. At least that’s how I feel about it.

The whole point of sports is it’s where we can go be tribal and ridiculous in ways we shouldn’t be in real life. As long as nobody is actually being an asshole to any player in real life, on the court I think booing is totally inbounds.

Thank you for attending my TED talk.

11 Likes

Like many old times, I always remember the continuity of the 1970s and 1980s teams. There were always a few transfers to the ECAC and from the ECAC. But, we all got to follow some players as they developed.

Today, we see players change jerseys after a year or two. Recently, I remembered the World War 2 era photos of players wearing “the other jersey”

1 Like

Yes I agree. There are chants that cross the line and should never be done but booing is all in good fun. Opponents expect to be booed on the road. Stay away from race, gender, religion, and personal tragedies and I’m sure there are some other things that cross the line but stay within what you’d expect would be reasonable for our guys to deal with on the road.

2 Likes

And talkin about dudes’ moms. That should never happen

6 Likes

Booing is fine
If you ever get a chance to go a big time college football game go. Many years ago I went to an Ou vs Okie state game in Norman. Okie State pulled off the upset. The shyt fans were hurling at their own was jaw dropping. I felt bad for the qb they wanted to hang. Most competitive kids love it when they can rile up an opposing crowd. Laetner used to love it.

2 Likes

What if she’s hot? Like, really hot.

1 Like

You talkin about Miss Millie homeboy?

Luka mom level is next level for sure

2 Likes

I remember one game I went to where somebody yelled “hey ref! Your mother’s a terrible cook!”

5 Likes

Well thats fine haha

1 Like

I’m all for booing anyone anytime. As it’s been said its part of sports.

Unless you’re Maryland then F$ck them and their classless fans.

4 Likes

How will the crowd treat Morsell? Personally, I still root for Casey, but would have gladly boo’d McKoy, had I been there.

3 Likes

Does the UNC board have an entire post dedicated to how much Carolina sucks?

4 Likes

Hypothetically speaking, if Jeff McInnis and Phil Ford’s wife had an affair, would chants about that be crossing the line?

3 Likes

Arizona State fans chanting “Where’s your dad” at Steve Kerr a few years after his dad got assassinated in the middle east is the line I think.

7 Likes