Updating Virginia's Transfer Recruiting (Blog)

Would go from one Morsell to another. Interesting that he’d leave at this point especially after who they just added in the portal.

He, Franklin, retweeted his announcement he was coming back to Iu

1 Like

I think he’s retweeting everyone. Retweeted Durham’s commitment to Providence. Just everyone else so far has returned.

1 Like

Be pretty wild if he was the only one that didn’t return.

1 Like

No way he goes to Illinois to play against all those guys. I think this makes it a two horse race but obviously they have the advantage. I’m guessing Mike Woodson is pretty tough to say no to and will recruit very well until/unless he starts losing games

Hold up, are we talking about the same Mike Woodson?

1 Like

Former IU player, former NBA player, been to the playoffs 5 times as an NBA head coach, probably more appealing than ever for black kids to play for a black coach (please delete if this is insensitive or something but I mean it in a good way). Doesn’t surprise me that he has a sit down with them and they are ready to work hard for him and stick with their commitment to the program

4 Likes

Find it hard to believe that an Indianapolis kid is going to leave Indiana with the entire team returning.

1 Like

Working every avenue at this point

3 Likes

For the younger folks who digest shorter clips (this one shows more his athleticism)

For the older folks. (you are going to have to pull up the old piano music to play simultaneously on your own) (more shooting touch here).

3 Likes

I think there has been a common theme to most of the targets for next year- motor. Seems like the staff is really emphasizing something from last year…

3 Likes

Hah and athleticism. CTB gets it

3 Likes
7 Likes

I’d give Tyson Jolly from SMU a good look.

3 Likes

Seems he had a short season this year due to something (injury covid etc). 40% 3pt shooter.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Man the kid has been through quite a lot. Hope wherever he goes he finds peace. A lot of Trey Murphy in his game, 3pts and slashing.

1 Like

Good read. Would absolutely love to have him as depth and on the off chance he returns to form. Would probably be a good locker room presence

1 Like

Another new one. Joel Soriano from Fordham. Long 6’11 big man.

4 Likes

Very intrigued… Plenty of eligibility left too. Wonder if this is the backup plan to Gardner we were talking about earlier

1 Like