UVA Is Out of ACCT After Positive Covid Test

And never mind if it’s a player who played they are screwed

2 Likes

It doesnt if others still test negative

1 Like

Yeah. If that Norlander tweet is right, that’s the end of it. This past year has been so relentlessly trash.

4 Likes

We’re done. Awful way to end the season.

1 Like

The ACC Tournament should not have even been a thing anyways… also how do we still have positives after we went through this twice?? Whatever.

2 Likes

Logistically, I wonder how difficult it would be to push the tournament back at this point. Don’t think it would happen unless a lot of teams were knocked out, but I have always felt that waiting an additional week is the right thing to do.

1 Like

Thank Reece ha

2 Likes

I think the only way out is a false positive

1 Like

RIP Tony Bennett’s NCAA tournament streak.

March 4: 42 games played; 2 games cancelled (NC A&T vs SC State; Howard v Coppin State)

March 5: 49 games played; 3 cancelled (Miami, O vs Akron; Ohio U v. Bowling Green; Northern Iowa vs Drake)

March 6: 78 games played; 2 cancelled (Hokies vs NC State: Northern Colorado vs. Weber State)

March 7: 23 games played; 1 cancelled (Tulsa vs SMU)

March 8: 11 games played; none cancelled

March 9: 15 games played; 1 cancelled (Florida International vs Middle Tennessee)

March 10: 33 games played; none cancelled

March 11: 56 games played; one cancelled (Duke vs. Florida State)

There are 38 games to be played today; other than ours, the only other game that has been cancelled is Norfolk State vs NC A&T

Unless there is a dramatic reversal of this recent trend, it would be very surprising if the NCAA saw this as anything more than an isolate problem that doesn’t require any action beyond the precautions that they are already taking.

2 Likes

What a garbage way to end Huff, Sam and Woldo’s careers.

At least they can always come back to JPJ and see the regular season banner hanging up there. Means so much more now that we got that for them.

4 Likes

The tournament isn’t getting moved. If UVA is the only team that can’t play it’s unfortunate for us but ultimately a win for the NCAA

As long as 5 players have 7 negative tests they can still play…

I get it and the NCAA has never proven to be very forward thinking anyway so dont expect anything unless is last last minute if say 4-5 real teams have positive this wekend

1 Like

Yeah, but how does that impact seeding?

Feel like the NCAA can’t put us on the 4-line and bet that things will work out. Cuz if they don’t then they have a seeding issue.

Supposedly Packer said it was a frontline player too

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t think it would impact seeding at all…NCAA has already laid out that if a team has to drop out the opposing team would just move to the next round…

Huge bummer, but given the challenges of the season overall, I can probably learn to live with the regular season title and Reece’s walk-off.

Glad we got to see as much basketball as we did tbh. College kids are not getting paid to bunker down in a resort hotel for months.

3 Likes

Would be kind of hilarious if we just roll up to the tourney with a starting five of Coleman, McCorkle, Jabri, Stattman and Shedrick/Caffaro. Let the young guys figure it out in the NCAAs!

13 Likes