UVa Players NBA Draft Chat

If he’s a potential first rounder it’s a clear yes. If he declines to go it means he’s gone gone gone

1 Like

Declines to go to the combine? Why would he do that?

1 Like

Team promised him already he would get picked at a spot.

8 Likes

If he had a guarantee from a team already, they would want him to sit out so other teams don’t get convinced to pick him ahead of them.

Edit: Great minds think alike

7 Likes

Not an expert on the NBA draft but it would be crazy to the player to skip the combine if not a lottery pick. The team that guaranteed you as their pick wouldn’t change their mind is someone else higher on their board suddenly was available at their turn?

1 Like

There are no true guarantees with this stuff.

Depends on how much influence your agent has and who else he represents.

Looks like Jay worked out for Hornets today

8 Likes

And Sam worked out with the warriors earlier this week

8 Likes

Those would both be pretty great places for both of them to end up. The Warriors are the Warriors obviously, and they would know how to get the most out of Sam’s shooting abilities. The Hornets are a young, up-and-coming team that needs younger bigs and they have a pair of late second-round picks. Would love to see them use one for Jay Huff!

6 Likes

Can’t wait for Lamelo Ball to Jay Huff lobs :fire::fire:

4 Likes

I assume this means Jay is fairly unlikely to be drafted at this point?

2 Likes

I think it was always fairly unlikely.

But there have been players make it to the League from the G-Leage Elite camp so the dream is not dead.

3 Likes

Anything is possible but this likely confirms what many have thought for months in regards to how the nba views jay

1 Like

Latest CBS mock has Trey at 19.

11 Likes

Gary Parrish has been the highest on Trey than any other prognosticator from the beginning.

3 Likes

This mock isn’t Gary Parrish…

2 Likes

Ah… I TL/DRed it… shame on me. :wink:

3 Likes

I really hope people start to realize the Trey would have never been drafted in the first round if he stayed at Rice. UVA made a MASSIVE difference for his trajectory.

10 Likes

In one year too.

1 Like