UVa Players NBA Draft Chat

In small ball technically no one is a 5 on the offensive end. Spread it out and slice and dice.

1 Like

Yeah good point. I still think he will play small ball 5 a decent amount though. But yeah Shedrick will get majority of minutes at 5.

Gardner is 6’7” - I don’t see how he plays the 5 any more minutes than Justin did last year. Igor hasn’t arrived on Grounds as far as I can tel.

It’s baffling how much we’ve under recruited at the 5. The lack of 2022 offers and 2023 known targets thus far just increases my anxiety.

From an AP article: “This year, the date for all athletes to notify their current schools that they intend to transfer is July 1. Those dates will shift to May 1 for fall and winter sport athletes and July 1 for spring sport athletes in subsequent years.”

I could have sworn that, a while back, there was talk on some board somewhere about players dropping out of the draft and (maybe) wanting to transfer to a school that is known to turn almost NBA ready players into NBA ready players.

Is it a stretch to think some players will know before July 1st that they need to drop out of the draft?

Of course such players would want decent playing time and Kadin might not be happy with that.

I also seem to remember one of the board members somewhere (HGN maybe) talking about how secretive the coaching staff had become. Is the thinking the secrecy was regarding 22/23 recruiting?

You guys (people to be PC) know a shitload more than me so apologies if I am talking out my ass.

1 Like

“Expected first-round pick Trey Murphy” is a fine set of words to see in print.

Really happy for him. And I’m quite confident CTB knew this was coming and has built the roster expecting this to happen.

7 Likes

Jay’s playing in another G League Camp game today. Not gonna lie from what I’ve seen he seems kinda lost. Although I imagine it’s pretty hard for bigs in these types of situations where all the guards are likely gonna be hesitant to give up the ball.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested

2 Likes

Huh. Huff led his team in Assists, tied for lead in Rebs, and was 2nd in scoring on decent shooting%.

2 Likes

And even though his team lost big, Jay did have the best +/-

2 Likes

I think you’re looking at the wrong stat line.

That’s the stat line for Aamar Simms.

Damn I was looking at that line too and was confused

1 Like

How do you get a dnp coaches decision in this setting? Lord…that dude must of been fussing about minutes or sumpin…

1 Like

Another shocker is that Mac Mcclung shot the ball only 9 times…

1 Like

And surprising with the the hype McClung felt he had that he was only invited to the G league camp.

Oh, dammit, you’re right. I though Huff’s statline was Garret’s.

2 Likes

Maybe he should come back for another year! :slight_smile: Just kidding (sort of!)

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like Jay’s tracking to get an invite to the combine.

Wow, Trey announces he is not returning to UVA and the board is practically dead this morning. How else am I going to waste time at work :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes