Way too early 2023 Recruiting

Should be the same for all recruits. Find who you prefer, make your pitch, give a reasonable timeframe for a decision, and then let him know opening up to other players at that position and first-come, first-served.

2 Likes

I think it’s also Tony gets to scout his point guards. Lack of evaluating so far with the 2022 cycle.

2 Likes

I’ve been vocal about wanting to have Caleb Foster as our next floor leader, and I know he could possibly reclass to 2022 as HGN mentioned a few months back. He is a 5 star however so maybe not. But at the same he isn’t from DC or Richmond, so maybe? #allnorthcarolinateam

3 Likes

Quick Reed Sheppard blurb

2 Likes

Highlights from the game with Austin Nunez and Reed Sheppard. The big on Austin’s team, Yohan Traore, is super interesting

2 Likes

Didn’t notice much out of Nunez. A couple of nice dishes but missed several 3s and got a drive blocked. Sheppard is super smooth and very confident for just a soph.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Who plays point more for that CP3 team, Caleb Foster or Jaydon Young?

Foster plays for Team Curry (UAA). Pure point guard. Young is more of a big combo. He’s with the CP3 16U team.

Got it. I mixed up the aau teams

Probably reading too much into AAU games but I’m cooling on Nunez. Wouldn’t mind pursuing other options and letting that one go

3 Likes

Some scoring highlights of Caleb Foster but his biggest strength is being a floor general. Recently had a 10 pt, 10 assist double double.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3vtWtHEJR/

2 Likes

Tudor Somacescu, a 2024 PG that attends Sierra Canyon seems to be on UVA’s radar. Coach Carpenter follows him.

5 Likes

Sheppard in town today, correct?

1 Like

Yep

You think he could end up with an offer today or will it be after in person evals/‘22 guard slots resolved?

I don’t know. Pretty sure Bennett is planning to see him play this weekend anyway.

Thanks and appreciate the reminder about coaches being out this weekend. I complete forgot about it. That is when the real fun starts.

1 Like

I’m just starting to look over these scholastic live event schedules. Big change from 2 years ago is all the teams traveling to play. Lots of VA public schools playing in other states since the VHSL doesn’t do anything.

Any guesses on names we will have contacted this time tomorrow?