Way too early 2023 Recruiting

Sadly… I read 0% sarcasm in your post… I believe that KC getting a 5th year is there if he wants it…

I’m ready to hand the keys to Beek now.

7 Likes

Is there any interest in Cam Gillus out of Virginia area ? 5’11 point guard.

Yep. He goes to Sidwell Friends (DC). Williford saw him play this weekend.

3 Likes

Great, if we offer go ahead and Crystal Ball him!!!

1 Like

Did Isaiah West visit UVA with Clemmons? Saw Clemmons tweeted about it but pretty silent on West

I don’t think West ended up coming. He wanted to do it on the weekend but they didn’t really want anybody else there while Squared was in town. So it got pushed back and I don’t believe happened in the end.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer. He seems like a really intriguing talent.

1 Like

2023 PG from Ashland, KY. He went off at that KY/WV shootout TB and Getter went to for McKneely.

6 Likes
1 Like

There it is…the short pesky guard to replace Clark…this dude was cooking in the vid…like his game…

2 Likes

Isn’t he highly ranked?

I like him! He can shoot too.

He’s got an interesting stroke from outside. I’m not 100% sure how I feel about it, but he gets it off quick!

1 Like

That was quick! I would say there’s definitely “mutual” interest!

2 Likes

He seems to be a bit longer than Kihei and plays the same aggressive defense. These type of guys set the foundation so that we can always go after high ceiling guys.

1 Like

If you’re not shooting 100% from the field in your highlight video, then you’re doing it wrong.

Seems to be a mid-major type guy. I wonder if his 3pt shot will play unless wide open with time - he shoots it really low. Also, he’ll have the same issue finishing down low as Kihei does.

1 Like

I mean he also could grow still

1 Like

Then poach him on the transfer market in 2 years from Davidson or wherever he ends up.

1 Like

Yeah… a lot of his game seems to be those acrobatic, high difficulty lay-ins that probably work a lot better against 6’3” forwards playing HS defense. Against like a Jay Huff on D, it feels like it’d be a series of “lol, no” one after another.

His release on the 3 is low, but he’s a little taller than Clark and he gets it off fast. Clark’s release point is probably around the same accounting for height, but Clark always does this high-effort release that takes a while. I don’t think it’d work with a lock-down 6’3” defender on him, but I think it’d be more functional than Clark’s shot.

Edit - And to say he plays below the rim is to say that I’m less than 7 feet tall. Its accurate, but understates the situation.

1 Like