Winter Recruiting Thread

Ironically the eye on college basketball podcast has a whole Dodo bird thing at the top

Getting all technical on me up in here :thinking:

Annnnndddddd itā€™s over

3 Likes

Freshā€™s poll skills constantly getting better. Putting in the work.

5 Likes

Fuck! Isaiah really needs to pull some strings here. I mean what is the value of having a power house team and you canā€™t land high level recruits that are Family!

1 Like
2 Likes

Never got started

6ā€™7 combo guard/skilled forward. Same aau program as Cupps and Sheppard (Midwest Basketball Club). Assume itā€™s a Getter kid.

Kinda like that Baylor Scheierman kid who plays for Creighton

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JaidenGlover/status/1618695005060874241

Are we ā€œJustifiedā€ in going after a kid from Harlan? Harlan is only 20 minutes from the Virginia state line but seems like a world away (Harlan is 5 1/2 hours from Charlottesville).

6 Likes

Oh my God I missed that. My favorite show! Wonder if he wears a cool hat when he isnā€™t playing.

2 Likes

Caleb Williams, Thomas Sorber, and Christian Bliss all behind the Villanova bench for their game vs Providence.

Edit: Isaiah Abraham there too.

2 Likes

They just need to relocate behind the Hoos bench. A clean sweep should satisfy the 2024 needs.

5 Likes

and we canā€™t do that?

2 Likes

You know, Iā€™m as big a Tony defender as there is, but when I see Dunn play I really wonder why UVA canā€™t land guys like that.

6 Likes

He kinda did back to back with Elijah right? For sure Dunn seems ti have been a special case in terms of recruiting. Wow is he way ahead of what I would have though

10 Likes

Gotcha!! Iā€™m having one of my being facetious moments!

2 Likes

We should just really get a Dunn/Bond type every year or at least every two. The last few forward recruits really just didnā€™t give us much because they werenā€™t nearly athletic enough (McKoy) or were just total busts (JAR).

Basically you just want to find good size, +++ athleticism, and a 3 point shot that isnā€™t totally broken, enough if it isnā€™t college level yet

4 Likes

A convert I see. The #wingarmy train has infinite seats.

12 Likes

I would like a Ty Jerome PG, 3 wings, and a bam adebayo type 5 every year

11 Likes