Winter Recruiting Thread

i’m dumb for thinking it’s possible but given how much duke and unc play UK in various pre-season mini tournaments and other neutral site games… i’m just holding out hope we could start the ACC/SEC challenge (which replaces the B1G challenge next year) with a game vs. them.

in theory they need to go on the road next year and we should host, but i’m sure it won’t be clean with the switch in conference matchups.

and in reality our best bets are probably match-ups with Florida (which we already have next year anyway), Tennessee, Auburn.

1 Like

Kon Knueppel’s game stream popped up on youtube (happening now).

Same story/nothing new. Kid will probably never miss an open 3 in his life. But also is a forward/more Hauser than Joe Harris (nolan minessale, another wisconsin recruit who has been playing well, is more Joe Harris). Knueppel can maybe guard a 3 if it’s one of those slower moving 6’7 wings but otherwise very much a front court player.

1 Like

Very underrated passer. Could provide that BVP like playmaking in the front court. But just got burned twice by two guards pretty easily, neither of them even that quick nor D1 level players.

3 Likes

Watched a few min. He definitely in no way fits with what we do defensively… but damn that shot is nice. Like he may never miss. I don’t know why he doesn’t simply take every shot, haha.

3 Likes

We’re an offensive team now.

(Always to Kentucky fans, too.)

2 Likes

Does he have a good enough handle to play at the 2?

I’m going to be totally honest. I watched for five minutes, then went to eat a burrito. I have no idea. But don’t think there’s any way he could defend the 2. He’s probably a 4 on that end like @Hooandtrue said. Maybe a 3 if… I don’t know, his feet get faster?

But really I should watch him for more than 5 min before saying anything.

Nothing a redshirt year followed by 2 years of riding pine can’t fix

2 Likes

Timestamped. Isaiah Abraham put someone on a poster.

1 Like

Not sure what he’s waiting for. No one is seriously going to recruit him.

UNCs entire staff should’ve been prepping more for Pitt instead……

22 Likes

Nah UNC and Duke are more interested in winning recruiting championships than actual games.

5 Likes

Be fun if true … but I think we’d all take Carolina’s record in the madness since Tony arrived …

Dave can you stop being a contrarian? lol. You said you liked what you saw at Boston College a few weeks ago, the same BC we annihilated.

9 Likes

I do like what they are building at BC - and I like their coach a lot …won’t happen overnight there… been a long drought … but wait … who was that they just beat by 8? Was it the first place team in the ACC?
lol :joy:
They have had 5 seasons in the last 11 seasons with less than 10 wins … and were 4-16 just 2 seasons ago …
Currently they are 11-12 and 5-7 in the ACC … not bad …
Most wins in the ACC the last 12 years is 7 in their best season … real shot at doing better than that … and I’m hopeful Hand Jr. can come back healthy next year and be very good for them.

p.s. - Hand should be able to claim a medical redshirt only playing in 2 games before he got hurt.

1 Like

That’s terrible Dave. We won a national title and you spent an entire thread sayin we should play Jay Huff more LOL.

Anyways I dont want to muck up the recruiting thread with more irrelevant posts so Ill stop.

11 Likes

I agree that BC is on the right path now. They’re always going to have limitations but they can be competitive.

2 Likes

OK, back to recruiting talk.

I think we should recruit someone who isn’t a Kentucky native likely to go to Kentucky, who isn’t already a lock to go to UNCheat, and who isn’t being recruited by Duke. Who’s left on our list?
We need a really good PG recruit, a wing that is an excellent shooter, and an athletic big with enough girth to hold the paint against post scorers. And we’ll take any more Ryan Dunns laying around out there.

4 Likes
  1. Ty Davis
  2. Kon K
  3. Blake Buchanan
3 Likes