Women's Basketball In-Season Thread

Hold up. Your homegirl was throwin joes?

1 Like

Yeah need some details on this??? Lol.

1 Like

It got a little testy.

Hard screen, FSU player went down, their legs got tangled…not sure if 100% intentional or not but looked like Sam kicked her in the lady parts in the process.

4 Likes

Oh boy… shit happens I guess

2 Likes

From the angle they showed, it looked like Sam went to the Dragon school of bootin mofo’s on the ground. Like @GulfCoastHoo they got tangled up, but from the angle behind the backboard it looked like a kick to the gut. And she got a “fighting foul” which I didn’t know was a thing and was thrown out in the 4th.

7 Likes

Hahhaaha. Man we be learnin with these teams. Maybe fighting foul is regular foul to not get her kicked out

1 Like

She got the regular foul which fouled her out the fighting foul got her kicked off the court and to the locker room. Again never heard that term used. Why wouldn’t it just be a Tech?

2 Likes

These refs be inventing stuff

2 Likes

Seriously the wife and I both looked at each other and said WTF when we heard the call.

2 Likes

First team out per the latest ESPN bracketology. Gonna be hard to play our way back in without Mir.

4 Likes

We’ve blown two golden opportunities for quality wins. We’re gonna have to win all the “should wins” (of which honestly there aren’t many) and seize at least one of these upset chances to even be in the tourney conversation.

4 Likes

Last night’s game took the wind out of me. I don’t see how the team finds their way to the tournament. You can’t have two opportunities like they’ve and let them get away. The ACC is too good with too many teams that will be fighting for seeding. I think the team will remain competitive throughout the season and I can see them stealing a game at some point but making it in the tournament is going to be tough.

2 Likes

FSU player intentionally locked her legs around Sam’s foot after they got tangled up. She was on the ground and Sam was trying to walk away. If the kick was intentional (and it probably was) it was only after she almost tripped because the FSU player was holding her foot. When they announced Sam’s ejection the FSU player happened to be on camera. She was just out on the court and looking at the UVA bench. She smirked and waved bye with both hands. Fuck that. I’m kinda ok with Sam not taking shit.

9 Likes

Totally the FSU player was being a dick and knew what she was doing. Not an uncommon thing for players to get tangled up and take a little extra getting loose. I’m not mad that Sam defended herself, wish she had been a little more strategic about it, gotta have a talk with her about cleaning things up in the loose. The angle of the kick looked pretty bad and deliberate for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

Imma guess dont let Sam’s great smile fool ya. Also she has been injured in the past so she should defend herself (i didnt see the play)

3 Likes

Let’s put it this way.

When my wife gets the look on her face that Sam had on hers in the moments following the incident, I get scared quick.

5 Likes

Basically. Sam was pissed, and even after the ejection she didn’t make a big fuss, I think she knew exactly what she did.

@DFresh11 is probably onto something about Sam wanting to defend herself. Also given the smirk and talking from the FSU player Imma guess they shared a few words during the game leading up to it.

1 Like

Justin Anderson should call her up and recommend what he did to Justise Winslow when Winslow did the same to him. Loom over them like you’re going to punch them, then shoot out a hand to help them up as the refs come over. Made Winslow look like an idiot.

8 Likes

Dudes who did non basketball stuff in my games got tossed before they even knew it…. I had zero tolerance for dirty…
I kicked a dude out in a college game for swinging his foot at a player while on the floor … even though he missed…. GONE!!

3 Likes

I think Winslow might have pee’d his pants just a little.

7 Likes