Women's Basketball In-Season Thread

Women’s team is fun to watch. They push the pace, they bomb from outside, and like half the team handles well enough to bring the ball up.

Also noteworthy, UMBC’s coach is an Amazon. She’s obviously taller than any player on either team.

10 Likes

women going to break 100

10 Likes

Would have coasted there, but Coach Mox pulled the starters partway into 3Q so I’m less confident.

1 Like

Oops, spoke too soon. Some starters back in to start 4Q.

Edit - Athletic attacking PGs are fun. But when the D is bad, there’s probably a tendency say “why not just drive and score every time?”

4 Likes

32 doesn’t, um, have a classic hoops build but she kinda does everything well.

3 Likes

16 Likes

Would prefer an F bomb personally but that is progress

10 Likes

Well done Coach Mox. Big win tonight

6 Likes

Coach Mox flipped her from Missouri St. She was a baller in HS

7 Likes

This team is entertaining to watch. Love the tempo and attitude of the team. I need to figure out if there is a long weekend where I can get down to Cville to go to a women’s and a men’s game.

5 Likes

Man, that was a fun game. I picked the right game to take my wife and daughter. Yes, UMBC is bad, but still, 101 points, 47 of those off the bench, and they were scoring inside, outside, on the break… this team has a lot of weapons. And as others have said, they play fast and aggressive. They don’t pass up a good shot for a great one, they just attack, attack, attack. (Still a work in progress on defense. UMBC’s point total was as low as it was because they can’t hit open shots.)

Mox is going to have more wins in November than TT did all of last season.

12 Likes

Winning by 50+ points is very fun. Hopefully we keep doing that.

2 Likes

Women play at Loyola Chicago at 7pm, ESPN+. Supposed to be a close game, so we’ll win by 20.

4 Likes

Dowm 22-17 end of the first given the previous starts and this week not worrying

2 Likes

UVA closing the deficit despite a bad night from the 3-point line.

and turnovers…

Wow, up 5.

1 Like

60-55 Hoos, under 4 minutes left. Would be a much larger deficit if we weren’t 0-9 from 3, but still playing ok.

2 Likes

66-60 Hoos with 17 seconds left, Loyola with the ball. A couple of missed FT’s have kept LC alive for the time being.

3 Likes

Wow McLean misses both of her FT’s but Lawson gets the offensive rebound and makes two at the line. Hoos up 68-62 with 9 seconds left, looking like we’re gonna win despite not making a 3.

5 Likes