Women's Basketball In-Season Thread

Nailed it well said

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain UVA has been called for traveling at least 5 times this quarter…

I can’t figure out how UVA are ahead by 6 at the half… it seemed like there was not much structure and they kept turning it over…

1 Like

This game is an all-out brawl. ECU will just run you over. They’re racking up the fouls but even so I don’t think they’ve been called enough.

And yeah, the unforced travels are painful.

2 Likes

Just tuning in catching up

Pauley got quite a run in the first quarter… I thought Dale was injured, but she came in during the second quarter…

1 Like

How many of those 18 turnovers were walks?

I now realize the second chance points are why they are still leading…

1 Like

18 first half TOs?? Damn

3 Likes

Cavalanche?

2 Likes

Sam just channeled her inner Salt on that screen. Decleated that ECU player

3 Likes

Dale is lights out tonight from 3… wonder why she didn’t play in the 1st quarter?

1 Like

Today’s Hoo Mystery is… how do you take a 21-point lead after Q3 while turning the ball over once every 75 seconds?

4 Likes

I am right there with you… I think it is the offensive rebounds and second chance points… has to be.

2 Likes

lol commentator just asked the same thing… except now we’re up to 26

2 Likes

26 TOs and gonna win by 20 how many times does that happen?

2 Likes

In womens basketball?? Probably more often than men’s… how many turnovers does ECU have?

1 Like

Weird game. Watching it I felt like we’re doing poorly. Then I’d look down at the score.

8-0 for the first time since I was in school… and I’m old.

6 Likes

30 ish years I believe.

Agree about watching it. I don’t even recall the lead growing it just happened.

I know it’s an old take but I’m trying to enjoy this team now because with the way they play they will be put to the knife onnthe ACC

5 Likes

30 TOs for UVa vs 18 TOs for ECU

4 Likes

Wow this game must have been crazy to watch and still win 72-50.

3 Likes

ESPN had them as a 12-seed before this game. Considering the team hadn’t been to the NCAAs in… 6 years(?) I’m pretty pleased.

If Coach Mox can go .500 in ACC play with ~40% of the games vs top 20 teams she should coast to ACC CotY and get serious attention for national CotY.

10 Likes