Women's Basketball In-Season Thread

20 Likes

And that’s a massive accomplishment. Congrats to Coach Mox and crew.

7 Likes

What Mox has done in a short time here, both in recruiting and now in coaching games, is simply astounding. Who turns a program around this fast? She was hired less than 9 months ago!

4 Likes

She’s been so good I’m starting to worry the other shoe will drop. No way She’s really this good right now right?

-signed a Uva fan who can’t just be happy

11 Likes

Just another of us whose life has been dominated by Rule 2b.

4 Likes

Its so strange watching our games.

We are exponentially better than last year but at the same time I feel like there is still an astronomical gap between us and top 20 ranked womens teams.

But Mox has smashed my expectations so far. To go from whatever the last 4 years were to this start is incredible.

12 Likes

ESPN listed Coach Mox as their womens’ hoops Coach of the Week. Not so much for what she did this week, more recognition of the work she’s done to turn UVA around this season.

12 Likes

This is unfortunately the problem throughout WBB it more closely resembles college football with the gap between the haves and the have nots. The Hoos have been in the have nots for the last few years and it’s a massive gulf to the top.

7 Likes

The other shoe will be when she’s too good to stay here and schools with boosters with bigger checkbooks come calling.

3 Likes

STOP THAT
the lord of the rings no GIF

4 Likes

She will be SEC bound before we know it

2 Likes

Holy shit she’s not even 10 games in. She’s brought excitement, some recruiting success and winning for the first time in years. I’m going to enjoy that for just a sec before I lament the possibility of her leaving for a better gig.

Stop and smell the roses gang.

11 Likes

Isn’t she from VA?

2 Likes

So you’re confirming Coach Mox has accepted a deal to be the longhorns next coach?

8 Likes

Which is who we got Coach Thompson from, so it’d be a circle of life kinda thing.

2 Likes

So wouldn’t they owe us one then?

1 Like

Is this schtick or are you actually that negative? I can’t tell so well done I guess?

1 Like

More a bit about how the SEC is going to swallow everything

4 Likes

Anyone know how to watch our game against Penn State tonight? Without subscribing to BTN+.

2 Likes

Well, can’t watch. And I can’t get it on the radio. (Va Sports Radio Network is doing Coach’s Corner instead, and will join the game at around 8.)

But hey, we finally got off to a fast start! 11-2 UVA

3 Likes