2nd scholastic live period 6/25-6/27

I have to give him credit for obviously liking McNeely, though.

Plus, gotta like that McNeely was absolutely unfazed by the moment. Play-by-play guy YELLING “MCNEELY!” and Isaac pump-fakes and then calmly passes it to the open teammate.

3 Likes

I’ve heard Hawaii makes kids pay for part of the trip so it weeds out anyone not serious about coming. The athletic department there is pretty broke because every road trip for every sport is at least a flight to California.

2 Likes

When are we collectively going to start spelling McKneely’s name right?

2 Likes

Maybe the same time people start spelling Kihei right?

4 Likes

When he arrives on campus?

The address of Dick Bennett Gym at the Kress Events Center at UW-GB is 2358 Leon Bond Dr, Green Bay, WI 54311.

4 Likes

WAIT I thought you were joking. But it’s actually real wtf? There actually is a gym named after Dick Bennett on Leon Bond Dr.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2358+Leon+Bond+Dr%2C+Green+Bay%2C+WI+54311.&oq=2358+Leon+Bond+Dr%2C+Green+Bay%2C+WI+54311.&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30.480j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Justin Anderson-like
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNe2W5IhKhw/

4 Likes

WRT stealth coaching strategems: This anecdote was from an NBA feint, and not a subterfuge by a college coach, but it is indicative, I think, of what clever coaches will do to gain an advantage. Whether it is true or not, I cannot say, but it’s a story that was circulating fifty years ago. During the '69/'70 season, Red Auerbach went to FSU to scout a potential draft pick. Supposedly, all eyes were on Auerbach during the game as everyone tried to read his thoughts on the player. Midway during the half (I forget which one, but I believe it was the first), he got up from his seat with a disappointed (or, maybe disgusted) look on his face, and left the building. Everyone there assumed he no longer had any interest in drafting Dave Cowens. The rest is history. Like I said, I don’t know if this is true, but it does make for a great story.

5 Likes

Head to the rim.

8 Likes

Lacrosse player?

1 Like

McKneely.

was joking true ha

2 Likes

UVA basketball recruiting is serious business. No jokes. Only complaining and forum/instagram stalking.

6 Likes

He’s probably not fast enough to make the lacrosse team.

2 Likes

this!

1 Like

If he continues to improve his handle and finishing in traffic he could be AA during his stay in Cville.

1 Like

Good to hear that Bossi thinks its UVA and UNC out ahead.

" There is a chance that four-star forward Isaac Traudt could set up fall visits to some other programs or make return visits to a program or two. But, it does look like he is pretty locked in on the group that he has already visited so it is going to be tough to make a run at him from outside of the five places he saw in June. There has been some speculation that the ACC programs could be edging ahead so it will be interesting to see just how much time Tony Bennett and Hubert Davis spends watching him over the next few weeks."

8 Likes

And not good to hear that’s he’s still batting around Fall visits.

Hmmm- I’m not happy to hear that UNC is in it, as it shows that whatever Justin McKoy and the Oklahoma kid said/did may have influenced him a bit, even though they *just arrived. On the other hand it could be all Hubert Davis and the UNC tradition etc.

4 Likes

It’s UNC all the way here