2nd scholastic live period 6/25-6/27

5 Likes

Their mothers were hamsters and their fathers smelt of elderberries.

1 Like

Bronny is not a top 25 player of McNeely is top 60. I do t even think Bronny is more athletic than McNeely.

1 Like

Me likey Isaac - me love me some IsaacSquared. He may not quite be Kyle Guy good, but I loved the dawg in him in OT. Didn’t he know LeBron was courtside?

2 Likes

I think long term, McNeely will be better than Guy. He has a higher upside.

3 Likes

That in-game play-by-play guy/hype man was uniquely terrible. I mean wow.

4 Likes

Beat me to it.

But srsly, how else would people watching live know what they’re seeing?

1 Like

I’ve seen clips from a few outdoor games in like NYC where they have guys like that, and while I’ll never be a huge fan, if the guy is good, it can be a little fun and bring a certain hype to the game. But that dude was just awful. Truly awful.

1 Like

appreciate you caught that!

1 Like

I have to give him credit for obviously liking McNeely, though.

Plus, gotta like that McNeely was absolutely unfazed by the moment. Play-by-play guy YELLING “MCNEELY!” and Isaac pump-fakes and then calmly passes it to the open teammate.

3 Likes

I’ve heard Hawaii makes kids pay for part of the trip so it weeds out anyone not serious about coming. The athletic department there is pretty broke because every road trip for every sport is at least a flight to California.

2 Likes

When are we collectively going to start spelling McKneely’s name right?

2 Likes

Maybe the same time people start spelling Kihei right?

4 Likes

When he arrives on campus?

The address of Dick Bennett Gym at the Kress Events Center at UW-GB is 2358 Leon Bond Dr, Green Bay, WI 54311.

4 Likes

WAIT I thought you were joking. But it’s actually real wtf? There actually is a gym named after Dick Bennett on Leon Bond Dr.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2358+Leon+Bond+Dr%2C+Green+Bay%2C+WI+54311.&oq=2358+Leon+Bond+Dr%2C+Green+Bay%2C+WI+54311.&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30.480j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Justin Anderson-like
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNe2W5IhKhw/

4 Likes

WRT stealth coaching strategems: This anecdote was from an NBA feint, and not a subterfuge by a college coach, but it is indicative, I think, of what clever coaches will do to gain an advantage. Whether it is true or not, I cannot say, but it’s a story that was circulating fifty years ago. During the '69/'70 season, Red Auerbach went to FSU to scout a potential draft pick. Supposedly, all eyes were on Auerbach during the game as everyone tried to read his thoughts on the player. Midway during the half (I forget which one, but I believe it was the first), he got up from his seat with a disappointed (or, maybe disgusted) look on his face, and left the building. Everyone there assumed he no longer had any interest in drafting Dave Cowens. The rest is history. Like I said, I don’t know if this is true, but it does make for a great story.

5 Likes

Head to the rim.

8 Likes

Lacrosse player?

1 Like

McKneely.