Leon Bond Commits!

Man, what a GREAT DAY to be a HOO. Im hype.

11 Likes

The youtube algorithm is hyped too (but man put him in the middle of the zone)

3 Likes

Just noticing Tipton threw a moon into the edit again. Weird obsession.

14 Likes

in recruit post interview @brogdonfanpage needs to ask if Tipton brought up the moon with Bond and also his thoughts on lunar events in general

5 Likes

Matisse Thybulle but hopefully with Tony’s coaching does better of staying in front of his manLOL (a lot of these are recovery blocks which are still a sign of elite athleticism but lock em down early)

1 Like
3 Likes

@brogdonfanpage also ask him if this was a selling point in the recruitment?

If Leon Bond can do half of what Thybulle could do at Wash we will be very happy. He wrecked offenses. As far as his game in the NBA, his recovery blocks are a real skill… he can play up tight and doesn’t need to worry about staying in front because of those recovery blocks…

3 Likes

That roster chart screams for two more bigs in this class.

5 Likes

It kinda does. Hopefully Traudt and then a 4/5. I remain perplexed the coaching staff hasn’t spent more time looking at ‘22 bigs. It feels like we need one in ‘22, but the staff is clearly viewing it as a ‘23 thing that they’re WILLING to move to ‘22 for the right guy.

1 Like

Ceiling Dre, floor Musa Jallow? Or is that not in the right ball park

Keon Johnson may be a good comparison as he’s a slasher who is athletic but can’t shoot “quite yet”. Same size.

1 Like

They still feel good about Traudt and Renau looks like the big they want to pair with Traudt…we have 10 offers out there so 20% for bigs seems about right​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Or, they feel really good about Shedrick and Caffaro for the immediate future, and do not feel any pressure to pursue more than the current targets. I imagine that could change, Regardless, it might be getting late to offer any prospects who could contribute in the short term. While I am pretty uninformed about these matters, I would think any new offers would need to be made pretty soon. In the coming week? Regardless, I feel better today than I did two days ago about Virginia’s recruiting, and I didn’t feel all that bad even then.

4 Likes

So, with Leon Bond’s recruitment concluded, where is Virginia now? Depending upon whom you read, UVa has either five or six outstanding offers to uncommitted 2022 recruits. (VerbalCommits doesn’t list Bobi Klintman) However, of those remaining offers, is anyone other than Isaac Traudt and Malik Reneau being actively recruited? With Bond now on the 2023 roster, are either Sensabaugh or Dunn likely, or even possible, commits even if the staff is still pursuing them? Additionally, I haven’t read of anything happening with either Nunez or Klintman in quite some time, but that doesn’t mean much. So, @HoozGotNext, or anyone else, where does Virginia go from here? Just a wee bit curious, doncha know! :slight_smile:

In regards to sensabaugh’s top 8

7 Likes

HGN blog posts go into your questions in detail. I’d start there

2 Likes

73CAV mentioned Bobi Klintman, is he still in the picture?
Crap, never mind, I didn’t read his post thoroughly enough.

Man, getting old is a bitch - better than the alternative but jeez. I went to the blogs and then realized I remembered Klintman is doing visits this fall (after I read it again).

3 Likes

No one is off the table that was on before Bond committed. Even what I wrote in the blog is off base from what we’re figuring out. Still full speed ahead on Dunn/Sensabaugh. Bond is a potential redshirt, meaning there’s room, and they’re building for small ball.

They’re not recruiting Nunez. And I won’t write Klitman off entirely just because of the unknowns but it’s very doubtful. He’s not really what they’d have in mind now.

21 Likes

Thank you for the response. I did go back and read the blog. I should have done that earlier. Regardless, any rumblings about possible new offers? Or, is it getting a bit late for that? Or, is the staff happy with matters as they are? It is good to ba a 'Hoo!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes