Pre-season 2022

And we pushin the ball!

7 Likes

He’s Lucy and we’re Charlie Brown … toying with us now!!!

4 Likes

Kadin’s in the Comm school, right? Can he be the Comptroller of the Paint? (trying to think of a FIFO joke but my accounting grade would indicate I never really understood the concepts)

5 Likes

Fresh, don’t be playing with us

2 Likes

I’d like him to be Chairman of the Boards

8 Likes

he was pretty regularly first in first out with the foul trouble last year…

6 Likes

I feel like the prospect of playing faster might be because they’re confident they can go deeper.

3 Likes

Virginia pushing the pace? Fed needs to hike 250 bps

4 Likes

Says he outlined a current top 7 and a secondary 5. I’m guessing it was probably

Top 7
Reece
Kihei
Kadin
Armaan
Jayden
Mick
BVP

Secondary 5
Caffaro
Traudt
Taine
Dunn
Bond

Its possible that it was Caffaro instead of Mckneely in the top 7 but based on how people have been talking about Shedrick (and how people have raved about Mckneely) I could see Caffaro taking a firm back seat in terms of minutes.

8 Likes

Wasn’t sure if he was including Chase in that top 12 or not. On one hand, probably not. On the other, maybe, and the 13th guy is a likely RS (I haven’t listened when he was asked directly).

2 Likes

Tony scheming up the Chase, Kihei, Beekman lineup that will kill us all.

11 Likes

He said Chase is 13th … but probably moves to 12th as of Monday night when we see who gets the DNP.

2 Likes

So battle on the outside for those 8th and 9th slots?

1 Like

25 Likes

Someone was talking about SI’s player profiles earlier. @mac9r, maybe? Matt Newton’s full highlights from the B/W are worth a look. Probably similar to what Jacquie Franciulli posted, fwiw.

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/basketball/highlights-virginia-mens-basketball-blue-white-scrimmage

3 Likes

Lack of redshirt news is crashing the market.

Tony needs to call an emergency press conference and announce a quantitative tightening of first year playing time before the system collapses.

9 Likes

I’d like to redshirt Powell

1 Like
6 Likes

Is it me or did he talk about Cedric a lot in response to a question about the 4 spot?

Also, he was quite clear that the potential redshirts get to call the ball and he’s “ok with whatever they decide.”

2 Likes

I do like he acknowledged that Hauser and Jayden are different from what we want at the 4 spot and why we haven’t been a true packline team in a while (“adjustments here and there” = Ryan Dunn starts at the 4 clearly)

7 Likes