The Screw Maryland thread

This just brought back an (awful) memory. When I lived in Salvador Brasil, German tourist walked the beaches in tennis shoes and black socks pulled up high. The contrast with their pasty legs was absolutely blinding.

3 Likes

Thats some specific shit there as far as socks go

4 Likes

For those that subscribe to 247, a fun thread. Basically just saying that Williard isn’t willing to play ball with pitching NIL offers, and their fans melting down about it because they thought his strength would be recruiting. They want him to throw out NIL offers

Maryland fans on their threads are not as bad as kentucky fans, but are way worse than the worst of UVA fans lol

4 Likes

Willard is on my list. Loser

5 Likes

Tony was 7-1 vs Turgeon. I want us to play Maryland so Tony can rack up the score against Willard.

6 Likes

Its like Maryland made the same absurd hire three times.

2 Likes

Personally I think there is no footwear that doesn’t go with white tube socks. My personal favorite is white socks with boat shoes and shorts, AKA The Boca.

Apologies for taking the Maryland sucks thread off topic with my extreme classiness and fashion sense.

2 Likes

It just hit me that this thread is because of the Lax game with Maryland. Makes it easier for me. Fukk Maryland. Go Hoos!

1 Like

You proly dont even wear cargo shorts huh?

1 Like

UVa only has a shot if we control the face off circle… in the first game LaSalla was bullied.

3 Likes

yes. I reiterate F Maryland. Hoos will win

1 Like

But fashionable as hell…

1 Like

Maybe they’ll hook up in the Big10/ACC challenge. Should be in the same area of projected finish. Of course, factor in that Duke will be playing the 5th or 6th best team to get a win.

2 Likes

Welcome to College Park!

8 Likes

I also think our first year goalie has gotten a lot better than that last game against Maryland… And I know next to nothing about lacrosse details so not the best opinion out there but he has been stopping a lot of shots recently… Still likely a shoot out. But F Maryland and let’s go Hoos!

2 Likes

Lol this comment from a Maryland

"If one big school was offering you a lot of money, and another was not, and you chose the one that was not, you are probably dumb and weird.

Even if we get good players they will be weirdos. Probably have fat little girlfriends."

It reminds me of the old man at my local gym. Spoke a lot of truths and wise wisdoms but worded in probably the most offensive way possible.

9 Likes

Does anyone understand why the ACC gets one school in the tournament when 3 were in the last final four? Would’ve been all four had Notre Dame pulled out their OT loss to Maryland. And I see 6 Ivy leagues teams? What gives?

1 Like

it was a few things…

1. the ACC actually was “down” to a degree this year ('Cuse, UNC didn’t have an argument to get in regardless.

2. the committee’s argument against duke was “too many bad losses” - that’s a relatively fair case, they had 3 outside of the top 20 (they also play a lot of games, 17 total vs 12 for ND, so more chances to lose).

3. i have no idea what they could have said against ND. they had maybe 1 bad loss, but effectively their best wins being duke were devalued by the committee’s stance on duke above

4. they REALLY seemed to give the Ivys preference. Some of that was RPI driven, but they always use RPI. so maybe it was a bit more this year?

5. also whether it was stated or just implied, they favored the Ivys likely due to having their season cancelled due to COVID last year (the only league to do so). sure seems like the committee wanted to throw those players a bone and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Harvard being the primary example… duke and ND would have likely beat them by 8+ each.

4 Likes

When I was at X, and they beat Texas to go to their first Elite 8, I was standing on my balcony and watched some guys from the house down the street chuck a sofa out of their window and over their balcony into the front yard. It hit the ground nothing happened and there was like 4 dudes just standing there looking at it. Possibly one of the most anticlimactic things I’ve ever witnessed, and in my top 10 of dumb/pointless.

7 Likes

Memories of stupid sh:t we did at school are the best. Always makes me smile the things we attempted to do for fun.

1 Like