2022-23 Lineup Conjecture fun

If you are going to say stupid stuff like Clark isn’t an ‘ACC level guy’ and posting lineup minutes that you absolutely know won’t happen you really should post it in your thread so the rest of us don’t have to read it. Kihei won a freaking all acc award. It’s just stupid.

9 Likes

Franklin will be playing A LOT

4 Likes

I started this thread with the question of …. What would people like it to be - not what it will be. So if you don’t like the premise then don’t respond

2 Likes

I didn’t ask people what will happen. I asked people in this thread to contribute their opinions on what they’d like to see happen based on what we know today

Slightly off topic, but labeling Kihei as not ACC caliber is a strong opinion based on what you claimed yesterday in a different thread.

3 Likes

I don’t really get the premise if people can’t posit what they think will happen. You’ve got McKneely and Murray ahead of a senior, major contributor Franklin. Playing by the rules you’ve laid out, I’ll just say I don’t want to see that and Franklin will probably start and play 30+ min.

Also, I think this roster will have some not so minor changes before the summer. This exercise should probably be postponed until August.

1 Like

I don’t like what you’re posting in the thread you started so start your own thread. You’re hilarious.

3 Likes

It would’ve been fine if you just posted your lineup opinions, which while incredibly stupid and ridiculous, are fine. But then you took a ridiculous shot at Clark by saying he’s not an acc level player. That is both subjectively and objectively ridiculous and makes anything you say impossible to take seriously. And this the day after his freaking senior day. What is wrong with you?

4 Likes

He already started his own thread where he could bitch and moan, take shots at our players, and try to convince people he knows more than TB. He can post anything he wants in there but if he posts stupid stuff like the above and takes shots at our players (one of whom just had a rough day on senior night) I’m going to call him out for it.

3 Likes

Please turn it down a notch. Not trying to defend any ideas here but this is literally a thread started for the exact purpose its being used for. Challenge the ideas but be respecful.

2 Likes

Things like this are only “shots” if they’re directed at Kihei I guess…

And, wait, wait, wait… Are you suggesting that you know more than Tony?

1 Like

If you want to call people names have at it. Reveals the inward parts.
I never said Clark isn’t Acc caliber. There are 15 Acc teams. He has played more minutes per game each of the last 3 seasons than any of our very best players in UVA history. That’s simply too much of a burden for a player of his ability.
I simply don’t want him playing 36 minutes a game. The 2 can be different things. I’ve always been consistent in saying he is a nice change of pace guy/role player on a Sweet 16 caliber team or a starter on a middle seed NCAA team with enough talent around him.
Or a role player on a Final 4 team that had 6 nba dudes.
For him to be playing more minutes than Ty or Guy or Hunter or Joe or Malcolm or Othell or Burrough or Gill or London or pick anyone is simply asking too much.
And if you’re wondering, I’ve stated many times I don’t believe it’s healthy physically or for team chemistry for anyone to play more than 32 minutes a game - give or take a minute. Especially if they’re not one of the 10 or 15 best players in the Acc.

1 Like

And all of those things were true in the moment. They were struggling. And those are in game threads. I don’t start new threads to take shots at our players like Dave.

AND I never said that they weren’t ACC levels players. Armaan has struggled a lot, as has Gardner on D, and TB needed to get things going on defense. But I still support them and appreciate them. Even if I say they are struggling in the moment.

Has CTB ever had a true 9-man rotation? My recollection is 8.5. And it’s often more like 7.5. I love the sound of that minute allotment, but I think the way to look at it is by starting with this years rotation. Assume we lose Kihei and Kody. Reece, Franklin, Gardner, Papi and Sheds return. Kihei and Kody leaving frees up maybe 50ish minutes. Unless one of those incumbents sees a serious minutes reduction, those 50 minutes aren’t gonna go too far. Figure one of Isaac M or Taine grabs the other guard/wing role. 20-25 minutes. If London is part of the mix, he gets 5-10 at least when Reece is sitting. Between Igor, Issac T, Bond and Dunn, at least one and probably two are gonna be bench bound.

1 Like

We definitely and understandbly were tired last 5 minutes yesterday. Part of which could have been senior night after such an emotional game on Wednesday. But moreso because guys have to play 37 plus minutes game or longish stretches with no breaks (bigs).

Shit adds up

5 Likes

This thread is a mess haha

This is basically softcore trolling. Served no purpose other than baiting an argument.

And it worked. There’s the escalating response taking it to a personal level.

Lets’ just do better please. Emotions high after a tough loss and all but this is the kind of behavior that turns off visitors.

17 Likes

You’re right, my apologies. I just hate how he takes those veiled and direct shots at Kihei. Drives me insane after what he’s done for this program. He’s welcome to point out things he’s doing wrong in game like other people do during the game but I can’t stand the not acc level stuff. It was good when it was in his thread because I could just ignore, but it’s harder outside.

But still I could’ve not been so aggressive. Apologies HGN

5 Likes

I say we go to slaughter and recruit the best 4 we can find and roll out the ball with them and Kihei on opening night

Cut the 3Ms because sign STABs entire team to NILs

Ans hold open tryouts weekly at Mem Gym styled in a Big3 tournament fashion. Winning team gets offers and guranteed mins off the bench the nxt week.

6 Likes

Anyone who can stay on the center court at Slaughter for two games in a row and then serve pitchers on 2-dollar pitcher night goes right into the starting lineup.

3 Likes

Fact theres your real MVP

3 Likes